cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

404 The owner hasn’t granted you access to this link

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have given permission for several individuals to access a folder. One of the members is getting a "404 The owner hasn’t granted you access to this link" error when trying to access this folder. I have verified they have permissions and they were able to access this folder last week. Nothing in the settings has changed. No files have been moved or deleted. The link is also not expired. Any suggestions on how to fix this? 

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: 404 The owner hasn’t granted you access to this link

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @DavidRobertsUF, thanks for joining the Community!

Could you clarify if this is a shared folder (whereby they need their own Dropbox account to access it), or a shared link to a folder which is accessible via the browser?

Is the shared folder/link inside of a Dropbox Business team, and restricted to members of the team itself? Any details you can provide would be great.

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi Jay, it is a shared link with permissions to edit. As for it being inside a business team I am not sure, our university gave us dropbox accounts to use and it is not restricted to the members of the university as we colaborate with outside members. The individual that is getting this error is a member of the university, also.

Thanks,
David

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Just to clarify, a shared link doesn’t give you permissions to edit the file or folder. Are you sure you’re not referring to a shared folder instead?

What link are they attempting to access? If it is a shared folder, can they access it from this page on their account?

If it is a shared link, could you check the link permissions using these steps?

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?