cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50GB to 2.75GB... How, and why?

50GB to 2.75GB... How, and why?

Officer Dibble
Explorer | Level 4

Erm... nothing more to add really... I had 50GB of storage and now it's only 2.75GB! A load of my stuff has gone. What's happened?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: 50GB to 2.75GB... How, and why?

Rich
Super User II

@Officer Dibble wrote:
Do you remember when you could gradually increase you Dropbox storage by doing and following certain steps, it was a long time ago, but I did that and maxed out at 50GB.

Those steps wouldn't get you anywhere near 50GB. Even referrals still only earn you a max of 16GB on a Basic account. If you had 50GB of space then you likely earned it from a device promotion (Samsung, HP, etc.), and those bonuses were time-limited, lasting anywhere from six months to two years before expiring, depending on the promotion. You can see space you've earned on your Plan page.

Also, when such a bonus expires, it doesn't delete your files. You wouldn't be able to sync while you were over quota, but files would never be deleted from bonus space expiring.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II

What is www.dropbox.com/events showing?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Officer Dibble
Explorer | Level 4
It's empty, it just states, "You have no activity yet"

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @Officer Dibble, and welcome to our Community! 

Can you make sure you don't have another Dropbox account, and that the content was uploaded there? 

Also, have you checked your Deleted files page here?

Keep us posted!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Officer Dibble
Explorer | Level 4
That's a good suggestion, but I tested for whether I was using the correct account by trying all of my other emails and resetting passwords to those that weren't recognised. I've definitely got only the one Dropbox account.

Do you remember when you could gradually increase you Dropbox storage by doing and following certain steps, it was a long time ago, but I did that and maxed out at 50GB.

There are a few folders that had files in them that are now empty. Dropbox have definitely been lopping storage from my account. So, as things are looking, even if I accumulated more space Dropbox can't be considered safe storage for me now.

Rich
Super User II

@Officer Dibble wrote:

Those steps wouldn't get you anywhere near 50GB. Even referrals still only earn you a max of 16GB on a Basic account. If you had 50GB of space then you likely earned it from a device promotion (Samsung, HP, etc.), and those bonuses were time-limited, lasting anywhere from six months to two years before expiring, depending on the promotion. You can see space you've earned on your Plan page.

Also, when such a bonus expires, it doesn't delete your files. You wouldn't be able to sync while you were over quota, but files would never be deleted from bonus space expiring.

View solution in original post

Officer Dibble
Explorer | Level 4
Perhaps it was 15GB then, but nevermind.
Files have definitely disappeared by some means, as I know that collectively they would not have fitted in a near 3GB storage. I can't imagine what I could use something as small as nearly 3GB for?

But, this takes nothing away from the brilliant help and advice you've offered here, thank you all! 😊
Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Officer Dibble Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
    Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?