cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow to download a file

Allow to download a file

Pass Hill
New member | Level 2

Is it possible using Dropbox to send a direct link (not email) to someone else so it's possible for him/her to download (not only view) my file? Dropbox guidelines & advices do not give answers concerning "download". Dropbox is using terms like editing, views, etc.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Allow to download a file

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @Pass Hill, thanks for posting in Dropbox Community!

With Dropbox, you can create a shareable link to any file or folder in your Dropbox account. Anyone with the link can view and download the contents, but can’t edit them.

This article will give you all the info you need and steps on how to create a shared link.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @Pass Hill, thanks for posting in Dropbox Community!

With Dropbox, you can create a shareable link to any file or folder in your Dropbox account. Anyone with the link can view and download the contents, but can’t edit them.

This article will give you all the info you need and steps on how to create a shared link.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

AlanWhite
New member | Level 2

Hi Hannah!

Not being able to edit it...that also means they cannot delete it, yes? But they can definitely download it?

Thanks in advance,

Alan

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @AlanWhite, sorry to jump in here - I just wanted to mention that the answer to your questions is yes and yes. 

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    AlanWhite New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?