cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see my shared folder anymore, only the newly shared files. Any help?

Can't see my shared folder anymore, only the newly shared files. Any help?

New member | Level 2

hello

My brothers and I used to share some files with Dropbox and all was working fine from 2016 up to today. 

Now I suddently can't see them anymore.

The coincidence is that a friend of mine shared some pictures with me. I can see those new pictures from my friend but nothing from my brothers anymore.

Can someone help me?

Thank you

Stefano

5 Replies 5

Re: can't see my files anymore

Dropboxer

Hi there @stefano gatto, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Are you able to find the shared files/folder that you're looking for from within your Sharing tab here?

If not, please check for any actions related to these shared files from your Events page here.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

Hello Daphne and thank you for your answer.
However it did not help.
I want to understand why i can’t see those files i stored under [email removed as per Community Guidelines] some years ago, while i can Now see them under [email removed] (new account created a few months ago).
I hope you understand my question, otherwise please call me on [phone number removed]
Thank you
Stefano

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @stefano gatto!

I wouldn't be able to call you Stefano I'm afraid, but I'd be more than happy to help from here. You can always check out your Support options from here too.

If you created a new account by mistake when you accepted the shared files from your friend, this could be the reason.

You can only have one email associated with your Dropbox account, so if the files shared with your brother were shared with you under the first email you mentioned, do you see the folder if you sign into Dropbox under that email?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Sorry but I pretty sure I did not create a new account by mistake...

My friend shared hiw pictures with me and that's it. I just went there saw the pictures and could not find my file I had there since years and years. Then I checked my other account I have (professinal account [email removed as per Community Guidelines]) and found those files in there. My files moved from my old private account to my new professional account without reasons. Can you tell me why?

Dropboxer

Hey @Stefano Gatto Geneva, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

Could it be that the files were also shared with your second account? 

Can you find any additional information about when you added from your events page?

Let us know what you find, cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?