cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted Dropbox and it is still syncing please help

Deleted Dropbox and it is still syncing please help

trux12
Explorer | Level 3

I deleted Dropbox because I didn't need it, but when I went to my C:\Users\User\ to check, it still had my dropbox and it was still syncing and backing up. I deleted the dropbox backup and I didn't know it was a part of my COMPUTER now and it deleted my files permanently, but luckily I had a restore point that was when I first installed Dropbox but I still saw Dropbox on my computer, AND STILL SYNCING. How do I remove it and make the path back to normal like C:\Users\User\Desktop\documents\downloads?Please help

9 Replies 9

Re: Deleted Dropbox and it is still syncing please help

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi @trux12, welcome to our Community!

It sounds like you enabled the computer backup feature on your computer.

Could you try disabling it using these steps and let me know how it goes?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

trux12
Explorer | Level 3

I forgot to mention that I had another account from Dropbox that had my Computer backups and I "deleted that Dropbox Account" not  the Dropbox App everything related to it, I don't want Dropbox to control my COMPUTER!!!

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @trux12, if you deleted the Dropbox account entirely from the site, and the app is still syncing, which account is currently trying to sync on your computer?

Could you access the desktop app preferences and see if it's the same email as before, or under another account?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

trux12
Explorer | Level 3
I deleted my Dropbox account that backed up everything, I didn’t need it but if I install it again will it backup my c: drive twice? Since I’m trying to disable the backup feature and syncing too???

trux12
Explorer | Level 3

I know this is out of the subject but I found some DropBox-related files on C:\Users\User\AppData\Local and Roaming??? what are these files, the one in Local has avater_cache and crash pad and reports and events and also unlink.db and host.dbx and machine_storage. The other one in roaming is a file that says installer.

Rich
Super User II

@trux12 wrote:

I know this is out of the subject but I found some DropBox-related files on C:\Users\User\AppData\Local and Roaming??? what are these files ...

They're part of the Dropbox application.

trux12
Explorer | Level 3
Should I delete them or will they effect my computer

Jay
Dropboxer
If the Dropbox desktop application has been fully uninstalled, you can follow these steps to restore the old folder locations.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

trux12
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, thanks for the response, when I open the steps it says to right-click the desktop and go to properties and open the location tab but do I open the C:\Users\User\Dropbox\My PC (DESKTOP) Desktop or the C:\Users\User desktop? And when I open properties on the Dropbox desktop it doesn't show a location tab but the C:\Users\User desktop does but I want to not have Dropbox\My PC have my original desktop files on it and copy it.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

trux12 Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropboxer
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?