cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox killing internet connection

Dropbox killing internet connection

Chris81
Helpful | Level 5
I moved my PC onto a new network. Dropbox was killing my internet connection so I played with limiting the upload download speeds and it seemed to work fine. Now after a win10 update it refuses to work without killing my network connection. I've tried resetting network settings, reinstalling Dropbox, updating network drivers. I kinda need this to work to do my job on Monday morning :'(
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox killing internet connection

Chris81
Helpful | Level 5

I tried a reinstall, and the internet was still dropping out afterwards. I also tried restoring windows to a previous version before the update to Windows 10, verison 1709. So now I am on Win10 v1703 and everything seems back to normal... Now I just need to avoid hitting the "Shutdown and restart" button xD

Yay windows...

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II
Which version of Dropbox?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Chris81
Helpful | Level 5
I have version 38.4.27

Mark
Super User II
Could you try and advanced reinstall using https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Stable-Build-38-4-27/m-p/250586/highlight/fals... ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Chris81
Helpful | Level 5

I tried a reinstall, and the internet was still dropping out afterwards. I also tried restoring windows to a previous version before the update to Windows 10, verison 1709. So now I am on Win10 v1703 and everything seems back to normal... Now I just need to avoid hitting the "Shutdown and restart" button xD

Yay windows...

View solution in original post

Dropbox messed up my Internet connection

wyotar
New member | Level 2

My Internet speed went to virtually dead.  I worked with my Internet provider.  They sent a new modem.  Then got a new router.  Then reset Windows - the Internet came back alive.  I loaded all my software and it went dead again.  The IT guy said - get a new computer.  Got a new computer and the DSL speed was 20.  I loaded software and it crashed again.  I assumed it was Norton and deleted it.  Still bad.  I finally uninstalled Dropbox and now I'm flying again.  Dropbox cost me hundreds!  Not happy.  Refund would be a start...

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

wyotar New member | Level 2
    Chris81 Helpful | Level 5
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?