cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox not displaying in Chrome

Dropbox not displaying in Chrome

Willemvdh
Helpful | Level 5

Hi everyone, I'm having a strangely annoying thing go on today with Dropbox on Chrome. I didn't have it yesterday. First I can't display files sent to me via a Dropbox link on Chrome. The link displays as a Jpeg of the first slide and that's it (no dropbox menu or anything). I could display the file sent opening an incognito window, or on another browser (Safari). The link was Keynote slide document in this case - but no Dropbox file links seem to work on Chrome at the moment, though they do on Safari.

Then I tried accessing my Dropbox account on Chrome and only got a blank screen just white screen with a black cookie warning bar on the top. Clicking learn more led me to Dropbox support website which worked, but clicking OK did nothing (I didn't take a screenshot). Meanwhile Dropbox on the desktop seems fine as well, as far as I can work out my account is syncing all my folders and files fine.

Given it seemed to be something going on with Chrome, I emptied my cache, deleted cookies, restarted multiple times, updated Mac OS just in case, restarted my laptop again. The main page of Dropbox showed up where I could log in to my account on Chrome so I thought it was sorted, but now it only shows me this screen. It looks like it's loading but just stops there. It seems some setting on Chrome (?) but I can't figure out what, and I haven't actually changed anything between yesterday and today... I'm a little stumped, happy to have ideas of things I could or should be doing, thank you!

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 14.06.40.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox not displaying in Chrome

Bagnew
New member | Level 2

I also use Duck Duck Go as my search engine with Chrome.  I disabled this extension and all my data showed up again.  Curious to know if this works for others?  

View solution in original post

39 Replies 39

mbranchstudios
New member | Level 2

Having exact same problem - got here through search.

Works through Edge oddly enough, but just stopped working in Chrome yesterday.

CPIC
Helpful | Level 5

Having the same issue since last night. Just updated to latest version of Chrome but didn't help. Works fine in Safari and Firefox. 

julesmarie
New member | Level 2

Annoyed, but glad I'm not the only one... Dropbox hasn't worked in chrome for me since yesterday morning...

Bagnew
New member | Level 2

I also use Duck Duck Go as my search engine with Chrome.  I disabled this extension and all my data showed up again.  Curious to know if this works for others?  

lawsonbm
New member | Level 2

Can confirm.  I disabled the Duck-Duck-Go extension for the search in Chrome's settings and it cleared up the issue immediately.

CPIC
Helpful | Level 5

Bingo! I turned off Duck Duck Go extension and it worked like a charm. Makes me very curious what Dropbox changed in their privacy settings that would have this impact. 

BahBam
Helpful | Level 5

Ugh, I use DDG too. I'll  give this a try. 

BahBam
Helpful | Level 5

Turning off DDG worked, thanks! I wonder what changed? 

RyGuy
New member | Level 2

I had the same issue.  It started yesterday.  The solution for me was adblocker.  Once I paused it on the site it worked perfectly.  

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

yamazawa New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropboxer
    kaikubel New member | Level 2
    psykobilly New member | Level 2
    MurielTX New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?