cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files opening multiple tabs and and giving error

Files opening multiple tabs and and giving error

New member | Level 2

I'm trying to access PDF documents in my DropBox, new files and files I've opened before. Instead of opening the file directly to Microsoft Edge like it was doing up until yesterday, this is what happens intead. I click on the link to the file from DropBox. It immediately takes me to Microsoft Edge where it opens multiple tabs. The first tab will say "File Not Found. It may have been moved or deleted." In the address bar at the top of the browser screen, it shows the pathway to the folder I'm in. Then, subsequent tabs will say "Hmmm, can't reach this page. *'s server IP address could not be found." Basically, one tab for each word associated with that file name. Doees anyone know what might be going on? I've already done some searching in Help and Community to see if I can find this problem listed already but no luck.

3 Replies 3

Re: Files opening multiple tabs and and giving error

New member | Level 2

someone please help same thing happening to me. When i open new and old saved pdf's. Same new tab for each word of the document file link. Also i don't prefer it but if its urgent u can download adobe or something 

Explorer | Level 3

I am having the same error. I have tried to open the files with chrome as well.  Same error. If I move them out of dropbox, they open. If I move them to the c:confused face:dropbox/ directory, they also open. But any .pdf file in a sub-directory does not open.  It previews fine, it's on dropbo online, but as the op said, it seems to split the file name into two when I click on the file via the windows dropbox directory, and then opens two error winows in a browser.

Dropboxer

Hi all; thanks for joining our Community and sorry to hear about this. 

If you're still seeing this, could you please reboot your devices and let us know if the issue persists?

In case it does, screenshots would be very helpful so please feel free to send one in your next response. 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?