cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP DROPBOX IS CONSUMING ALL MY MAC MEMORY

HELP DROPBOX IS CONSUMING ALL MY MAC MEMORY

storyoftheye
New member | Level 2

I update the smart sync for MAC but it didnt solve the problem. I can't work it is terrible! I also  Anyone knows what should I do? 

1 Reply 1

Re: HELP DROPBOX IS CONSUMING ALL MY MAC MEMORY

Chris_J
Super User

Hello storyoftheeye

it sounds like you have permissions issues.  info at this article: https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/sync-uploads/stuck-syncing 

1. Click the Dropbox icon on the menu bar.
  2. Click your profile picture or initials, and select Quit Dropbox.
  3. Open the Terminal app (at /Applications/Utilities/Terminal).
  4. Copy and paste the following lines one at a time into Terminal. Press Enter after each one.
      • You'll be prompted for your computer password (not your Dropbox password) after entering the first command. The password field in Terminal remains blank as you type your password. After you type it, press return.
      • Important: We assume that your Dropbox folder is in the default pathway. If you placed your Dropbox folder in a custom location, replace all ~/Dropbox for the full location of your Dropbox folder. For example, if you have your Dropbox folder in the path /Volumes/DifferentPlace/Dropbox, you need to replace ~/Dropbox from the following instructions to /Volumes/DifferentPlace/Dropbox.
      • Once the Terminal prompt shows up again, the instruction completed the requested task and is ready for the next command. If any of the the commands return an error or do not respond after an hour, try restarting your computer and repeating these steps.
    sudo chflags -R nouchg ~/Dropbox ~/.dropbox ~/.dropbox-master
    sudo chown "$USER" "$HOME"
    sudo chown -R "$USER" ~/Dropbox ~/.dropbox
    sudo chmod -RN ~/.dropbox ~/Dropbox
    chmod -R u+rw ~/Dropbox ~/.dropbox

1. Restart Dropbox by double-clicking the Dropbox icon in your Applications folder.

If this doesn't help, make sure you are using the latest version of Dropbox.

I hope this helps, reply back as to whether this fix your issue or not

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?