cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Documents folder error message "Location is Unavailable" after installing Dropbox

HELP! Documents folder error message "Location is Unavailable" after installing Dropbox

stevek123
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have been using Dropbox on the web and just installed it on my PC.  I did not intend to sync my entire Documents folder, but it never gave me an opportunity to select subfolders to sync within the Documents folder., and just started syncing. My documents folder contains a main subfolder, with many other folders and many files files within it (probably 3TB).  Dropbox is now syncing/uploading my docments folder with many days to go.   When I try to view that folder (so I can work), I get an error message that says "Location is not available" and I cannot see or access the hundreds of files in that folder.  How do I fix this and recover/gain access to my files?  I am concerned they are lost or that it will be several days before I can access them.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

stevek123
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

SOLVED: My files came back, it was just the "quick links" that were broken.  It appears that subfolder was moved somehow.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

stevek123
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

SOLVED: My files came back, it was just the "quick links" that were broken.  It appears that subfolder was moved somehow.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

stevek123 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?