cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How can I have visibility of all my Dropbox team folders structure and content?

Helpful | Level 6

Hi there!

The consulting company I work for has been using Dropbox for several years now.

Over the time, while we were executing and delivering projects for different clients, you can imagine the mess of creating and sharing folders for different projects between limited groups of employees, at the same time that these employees have been admitted and left the company.

Now we are at a point that we need to reorganize all of our Dropbox folder structure to guarantee that the right people have access to the right documents, and the leaders have visibility of all folders that exist in our Dropbox.

So, I would kindly ask for your help to point me to the right feature, report or support personnel that can help me having visibility of all the folders that exists in our Dropbox account, and help my leaders have the big picture of all content there is there.

Can anyone please help me with that?

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,

Rodrigo Venâncio.

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: How can I have visibility of all my Dropbox team folders structure and content?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @RodrigoVenancio - happy Monday!

I think what you're looking for is the Activity tab within the Team Admin's Console. Note that this is available to Admins of Dropbox for Business team accounts - not mere members. 

The Activity tab in the Admin Console enables admins to track the activity on their team.

From the Activity tab, team admins can filter by the type of activity they're interested in, the person who performed the activity, the date it occurred, etc. while they can also use the filters at the top of the page to choose the specific subset of activity they'd like to track.

You can also download a report for all activity, or the filter you selected, by clicking "Create report" underneath the filters. The text to the left of this button will let you know what activity you are creating your report for.

For more information on auditing activity, please visit the following Help Center article: 

https://www.dropbox.com/help/business/activity-audit 

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any additional questions Rodrigo; I'd be happy to follow up!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: How can I have visibility of all my Dropbox team folders structure and content?

Helpful | Level 6

Thanks for the answer Walter!

We've been trying the activity report for a while but it can't seem to help.

Maybe you can help us out point directly to which filters or how exactly we can find a report or feature that will give us complete visibility of everything there'is in our Dropbox account.

Cheers! Thanks a lot.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Hi @RodrigoVenancio ,

Am I right in thinking that you are asking for a type of system audit report? (apologies in advance if I am mistaken)

Are you looking for something like a folder tree (kind of a 'Family Tree', but for your Dropbox files)-  listing each of the folders in your account, and the files and subfolders within those, and the permissions on each folder, subfolder and file within?

If so, me too. And, apparently, it doesn't exist- not at a layperson level (only if you are a developer and you are able to understand the code/API stuff that is in the Developer help section)

*sorry I couldn't answer your question, but I am watching (very hopefully) in case someone does have a good answer for you!

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Hi there LaniG!

I'm looking for pretty much what you described, and for a while now.

I need to have this tree giving my leaders visibility of every folder in our account.

It seemed for me like such a basic feature, it's a shame if Dropbox really doesn't have it.

Thanks for sharing your information with me! I'll keep watching for it too and let you know if I find anything.

Cheers.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?