cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I delete my PC Desktop in Dropbox?

How do I delete my PC Desktop in Dropbox?

Lucylu91
New member | Level 2

How do I delete my PC Desktop in Dropbox? I am not sure how I added it and now I can't undo it? Does anyone know how to unsync? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Lucylu91,

Seems you have activated "Dropbox Backup" feature unintentionally. That's the issue! To turn the feature off, take a look on "Turn off computer backup" section in referred topic (follow the link). On step 6 choose "Keep content in folders on this PC/Mac", not "Leave content in Dropbox".

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Lucylu91,

Seems you have activated "Dropbox Backup" feature unintentionally. That's the issue! To turn the feature off, take a look on "Turn off computer backup" section in referred topic (follow the link). On step 6 choose "Keep content in folders on this PC/Mac", not "Leave content in Dropbox".

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Lucylu91
New member | Level 2

It sure did help! Thank you!!! 

Nodrogian
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks everyone for your help. I ended up switching off Dropbox and nearly lost loads of files. I logged back in and found them again then upgraded on a free trial. I am now backing up my laptop and then I will disconnect Dropbox. This issue has made me really angry and cost me hours of my time which I could have done without. It is obvious that all they want is to get customers to upgrade and pay them money. They will not have any of mine.

Need more support?