cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I find that Dropbox is too hard to use

I find that Dropbox is too hard to use

alpha890
Helpful | Level 5

Sadly dropbox you have done what so many other companies do. You have a great product that is easy to use and recommend to others. Then you employ computer geeks whose sole purpose is to make a simple system complicated, maybe that is how they collectively think. I do not know but everyone in that field does it. (I am not knocking them, they are brilliant but they don’t see things from the customers point of view) They do it because their job is "dropbox" It’s all they do every day, but please our job is not "dropbox," it is not all we do and all we think about. We are not employed by dropbox and do not have the same time to dedicate to it

We have a staff of 6 who use it (one has purchased) We have been contacted by dropbox to look at purchasing more licences. We have 500+ contractors and for years we make them use dropbox as the preferred method of sending. I know some have purchased over the years. Sadly we cannot do that with confidence any more. We used to talk them through problems but now we are no use at all (plus no time). Actually you almost make the microsoft system (and some others look simple)

Why can we have a setting - do not update

Nothing you can do I fear because you are only following what everyone else does

We will still struggle to use it as we have it set up so no worries there. But if a simple system comes along....

4 Replies 4

Re: I find that Dropbox is too hard to use

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @alpha890, thanks for posting today!

We appreciate any feedback about the service that Dropbox provides.

Could you let me know more details about what exactly you find difficult about using the site, app, or service, or if you require assistance in how to use a certain feature?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

alpha890
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Thank you for your reply but I think you missed the point a little. It is so different to look at and use. Your customeres simply do not have the time to take lessons. We all spent time learing when we started to use it a few years ago and are happy with its operation. We do not get paid for this and do not want to go to Dropbox School, we are too busy operating out own buseiness. Dropbox is only a tool we use and tools are supposed to make things easier. If a tool stops working it gets replaced. All I want is a setting that goes back to the old version and all is happy

I would say the same thing to my mechanic if I take my car in for a service and everying was changed when I returned "put things back to where they were, thats what I pay for and its what I want"

Dropbox was a great product and maybe you will attract new customers but sadly you will loose the older ones

Jay
Dropboxer

For what I can gather, you're possibly referring to the new Dropbox desktop application?

If so, you can return to using Explorer/Finder using these steps.

Once again, thanks for the feedback!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

markivorytower
New member | Level 2

I use Dropbox occasionally.

I would like to use it more often and recommend it except...

It has become obvious that there is an effort by dropbox to make it harder to delete outdated files.

I need to work with associates that make work easier not harder.

You are getting bad advice. Why?

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?