cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating Dropbox on the website

Integrating Dropbox on the website

tejassingh0015
Explorer | Level 4

Hello everyone,

I want to integrate dropbox into my website that is on hubspot. 

The idea is to give visitors a personalized experience when uploading folders on the website. They would go on the webpage and there is a CTA button titled 'Upload folder' or it can be a form with a option to 'upload folder'. And then that folder will be uploaded on the dropbox. 

Is there a way to create a Master folder in dropbox which will contain these 'uploaded folders' and also the uploaded folders are private (no other person can access them who is uploading their personal folders on the Master folder).

Please ask questions if anything is not clear.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hello there @tejassingh0015, thanks for reaching out!

You could use a file request link and embed this into your website for the upload button.

All files and folders uploaded to this link will be within one folder in your Dropbox account, and those who upload to the link won't be able to see what has already been uploaded.

You can check out more info about file requests from here.

Please bear in mind though that uploads through this link will count towards your link bandwidth for your account. If you're not sure what your bandwidth limit is, you can check under "What are the bandwidth limits on my links" here.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

tejassingh0015
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for replying,

So, I made the landing page and included the dropbox file request in a CTA. This works fine and does its job. However, if the visitor wants to add or modify anything in the uploaded folder, then he wont be able to do that. 

Is there a way to show the drobbox folder to that logged in person so he can also manage files from within the website? The idea is to offer a personalised page for that user where he can upload as well as see what he has uploaded and make changes too within that folder. 

Thanks

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for getting back to me here @tejassingh0015!

They would need to have edit access to the folder to be able to manage the files uploaded into that folder.

If you share the folder with their email address, then you could just add in a shared link to the folder to redirect them to the folder in Dropbox.

With this method, you wouldn't need to use the file request link as simply directing them to a folder that they have edit rights in will allow them to upload and edit the files in that folder.

Please bear in mind though that anyone who visits that page would be able to view the folder through the shared link, but only with viewing rights.

If this will be a publicly available web page, then it would be better to just the URL for the folder path in Dropbox, so only the person actually shared with the folder can see the content.

Would that be a better setup for what you'd like to do?

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

nicktaylor81
New member | Level 2

External Cloud Server is a Good Idea to Use in Hosting Server because it will safe bandwidth of Host So You Can Use DropBox API Called…..

“Chooser” & “Saver” You Can Use JavaScript

Just Upload Any Files On DropBox and Through Integrated pages, You Can Find Direct Link with One Click….

I have successfully done it for my website.

deskflex
Explorer | Level 4

External Cloud Server is a Good Idea to Use in Hosting Server because it will safe bandwidth of Host So You Can Use DropBox API Called…..

“ Chooser” & “ Saver” You Can Use JavaScript

Just Upload Any Files On DropBox and Through Integrated pages, You Can Find Direct Link with One Click….

I have successfully done it for my website.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

deskflex Explorer | Level 4
    nicktaylor81 New member | Level 2
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
    tejassingh0015 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?