cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Dropbox folders on my Mac now after trying to access my personal and biz accounts

Multiple Dropbox folders on my Mac now after trying to access my personal and biz accounts

Explorer | Level 3

Wondering if anyone can walk me through what I've done... was trying to set up to be able to switch between a personal and a work Dropbox account. I see three different Dropbox folders now - one has my personal Dropbox files, one has my biz Dropbox files and gets an error when I try to use it. There is another Dropbox folder inside this first biz folder that seems to linked now but does not contain all the files I need in my biz folder.

what have I done? and any clues how to fix it?

and how to be able to switch between two Dropbox accounts easily?

3 Replies 3

Re: Multiple Dropbox folders on my Mac now after trying to access my personal and biz accounts

Dropboxer

Hi @ED108; thanks for posting on our Community!

I'm not sure how this might have happened; could you send me a screenshot of what you see on your end and another one of the error you get so I can advise further? 

Thanks! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Multiple Dropbox folders on my Mac now after trying to access my personal and biz accounts

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter,

I have made a mess- three different accounts with three different emails.

My goal is to have one work and one personal account. One of the three is an old email that I don't use anymore and I need to retrieve the files from there & move them to the new personal account. Then I'd like to use the persoal account as backup for Scrivener.

I need to be able to switch between the work and personal account at will because I work and write on the same computer but Scrivener needs me to be logged into Dropbox to have the auto-backup function work. And Scrivener could not find the folder. So, I'm in a scary situation where my backups and my book are all on the same computer.

Here is the screenshot of what all my folders look like now:

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 8.32.46 PM.png

I'd appreciate any help you can offer. A complex problem... Thank you! Brenda

Dropboxer

Hi @ED108; I'm sorry for the late reply. 

Based on your screenshot, you seem to have linked a personal account with a business one at some point and there's also a Dropbox folder from another individual account (the one marked as 'Old'). 

At this point, it seems that only your personal account is syncing through the desktop app as it's the only one showing syncing icons within your Finder. 

Could you confirm you've used these steps to connect your accounts, Brenda? 

Thanks! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?