cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not enough space to access folder

Not enough space to access folder

raphaelp
Explorer | Level 4

I have a basic (free) account with 5gb limit.  Somehow, my main folder (unshared) was allowed to go beyond that to 7gb, and is now locked up with the message above. I have the obvious recourse of purchasing more space, and presumably, this will "unlock" my data.

It's very strange that storage capacity be allowed to go beyond the quoted limit, then I be unable to access the folder in order to either retrieve/clean up the data? This is clearly hijacking and forcing me to buy a plan from dropbox. I'm not even allowed to look into the directory and delete wha'ts not needed? It's just being held randsom. I'm not going to pay dropbox a cent for this kind of aggressive treatment. Either let me in to my folder to access what you made available in the first place per your end user aggreement, and allow me to remove data and meet quotas, or decide you don't ever want to have me as a paying customer.

10 Replies 10

raphaelp
Explorer | Level 4

There is a simple solution:

If you have a personal website, you are already paying for hosted hard drive space and can use an FTP client to share a folder with people. Bye bye Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

raphaelp Explorer | Level 4
    chascoadmin New member | Level 2
    Becca5 New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?