When I vew a photo ON MY MOBILE DEVICE via dropbox app does it upload again??? Is that why the exact same photos duplicate?
Or is it that each time I connect my phone to computer is it re-backing up/uploading all photos I have stored on my phone, even if they're already in Dropbox?
I know that if I download a photo to my phone and edit it, that it would upload again, but these are the EXACT SAME photo files with a number added to name (xxx1.jpg xxx2.jpeg)
Thanks for writing in our Forum!
Unfortunately, there's currently no way to automatically detect and delete duplicate photos. The only thing you can do is to remove them manually from your account. Either via the Dropbox or Carousel website or via the Dropbox desktop application.
If you want to make sure that you remove all the duplicate photos you can use the following steps:
1) Go to www.carousel.com (please log into your account if you haven't already)
2) Navigate to the item that appears to be duplicated
3) Click on the little check mark icon overlying the thumbnail of the duplicate (which you can find on the top right of each thumbnail)
4) Click on the three dots icon on the top right of the screen and choose "Show in folder"
5) Note the location of this file in your Dropbox
6) Repeat steps 3 to 5 for another instance of the item that appears to be duplicated
7) Delete the redundant copies from their location
Hope this helps!
Hey if you able to access some other third party tools can use duplicate photos fixer app easily available on mac app store also. just run it and add your drop box folder in the software its automatically scan all duplicate photos and mark them to delete as per your choice you can delete them if found duplicates click here for <a href="http://www.duplicatephotofixer.com/Photofixer.aspx
">delete duplicate photos </a>
Dropbox has become ubiquitous digital drawer of the netizens of the planet. The 8-step guide to remove the duplicates is tedious and ineffective. It's not an impossible job to equip Carousel (or Dropbox interface) with a tool to find and eradicate duplicates. Or point users to install third party tools to do this mundane job, if such utilities are indeed available. May it happen. Amen.
The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.Sound good? Let's get started.
For more info on available support options, see this article.
If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!