cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing and filling credit card information with Dropbox Passwords

Highlighted

Storing and filling credit card information with Dropbox Passwords

Explorer | Level 3

I'm taking Dropbox Passwords for a spin and the webpage for the feature implies (at least to me) that you can store and fill credit card information. I can't see how to do that however. Any ideas?

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Storing and filling credit card information with Dropbox Passwords

Dropboxer

Hey there @Daniel P.51, thanks for reaching out about this - great question!

You can use Dropbox Passwords to save your account usernames and passwords, not billing information. 

However, you can manually enter any additional info you want in the "Note" section that's at the bottom of the form after clicking on the Add button. 

You can find more relevant details on this, here

Give us another nudge if you have any other questions. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Dropbox Passwords is never gonna fly until it has the capacity to store and autofill credit card info (card number, expiration date, cvc) and bank account info (account number, routing number) like other password apps. I was eagerly looking forward to this app and now can't switch to it. 🙁

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Exact same boat as you.  I removed LastPass and switched to Dropbox Passwords about a week ago, but credit card and address autofill are close to hard requirements (and I just realized Dropbox doesn't do it).  Maybe I can workaround it with some browser-based features, on the theory that I guess I don't care too much if my credit card number is known to Chrome ... but that sounds like a hassle, I really expect my password manager to do this.

Also, as mentioned on another forum post - Dropbox Passwords should not need an entry in my OS X dock, and should not be visible in my cmd-tab list.  This is another "what people expect from a password manager" no brainer: Password managers should run in the background only, not be an "app" in the dock.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?