cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Synch Issues

Synch Issues

bw-db
New member | Level 2

Downloaded a PDF file from a web site to a DropBox folder on my Mac.  File synched up to DropBox.com as expected.

However, the file does NOT appear in the same DB folder on my Win10 machine.  According to the status in system tray, I'm 100% synched ("up to date"), yet I can see comparing the folders side by side (local and DB.com) that I am NOT 100% synched.

The file is still on the Mac - it has not been deleted.

Why isn't the synch working???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @bw-db,

Are some Windows incompatible symbols in your PDF's name? 🤔 Can you create... let say a txt file with same name on your Windows?

Hope this gives right direction.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @bw-db,

Are some Windows incompatible symbols in your PDF's name? 🤔 Can you create... let say a txt file with same name on your Windows?

Hope this gives right direction.

View solution in original post

bw-db
New member | Level 2

Indeed that was the case.  THANKS!

I accepted the file name from the web site as it was - did not edit whatever the site generated.  It contained a straight vertical slash "|" which until today I did not realize was a Windows issue.  I was aware of regular slanted slashes among others, but not that one.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Need more support?