cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: dropbox.com error 413

Re: Getting File Too Big Error When It's Not

Rich
Super User II

If you're trying to attach the actual file to an email message then you won't be able to. It's far too big. The average allowed attachment size for email is 10MB. Some email systems allow slightly larger attachments while others have a limit as low as 2MB. You'll never be able to send a 423MB file as an actual email attachment. Instead, you want to send a link to the file.

Meighan O.
New member | Level 1

So Many Thanks Rich!

Did it and it worked....You saved em a lot of heart and head ache.....!!

Robert P.16
New member | Level 1

Trying to upload to the website a 2.06Gb zip file... getting the Too Big error message... 

413 Request Entity Too Large

dropbox.com error 413

rcanet62
Explorer | Level 3

I cant upload a file from iPhone because "dropbox.com error 413" Any idea?

Lemmy1984
Dropboxer

Hello there,

Thanks for contacting us.

Could you please tell me if you are using the the Dropbox application on your phone to upload the file or if you are trying to upload it from the web?

Thanks in advance,
Lemmy

Did you find my post
helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as
Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
</
i>:)

Matthiasmusic
New member | Level 2
I am having the same issue. In my case I'm attempting to upload a video from photos on my iPhone. I have the latest version of the Dropbox app on my iPhone, but I still get the 413 error. Unable to upload to Dropbox.

Lemmy1984
Dropboxer
Hello Matthiasmusic,

Could you please reply to my previous response as well?

Thanks in advance,
Lemmy

Did you find my post
helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as
Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
</
i>:)

Djsamhill
New member | Level 2
It's happened to me as well. Usually with my iPad. It usually means there isn't enough disk space. Free up some space on your device. That always works for me.

rcanet62
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Lemmy1984. I used a Workflow to download a public YouTube video, save in camera roll (opcional) and then upload to Dropbox. It run well at first (both in iPhone and iPad) in a couple of days, then error 413  display. The problem was intermittent. Some hours later the workflow was doing OK but then the problem reappears. Any explanation? What means error 413?

gouldc
New member | Level 2

I am using the dropbox app on my iphone 7.  Trying to upload a video to dropbox that did NOT upload automaticcally like the other 34 videos taken that same day.

Need more support?