cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copying images from one folder to another

copying images from one folder to another

verlaat
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,  I cannot copy an image in one folder and then paste it in another folder. Is there a way to do that?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to me here @verlaat, and I'm glad to hear you found your own workaround for this!

If you do prefer to use the website at all, copying a file is possible but you won't be able to use the keyboard shortcuts to do so.

You can instead select the file on the website, and click the "..." button to the right of the file name to see the option "Copy". When you choose this, you'll be prompted to choose a location for the copy of the file to be added in Dropbox.

If there's anything else that I can help with though, please don't hesitate to get back to me here. I'd be more than happy to help out. :grin:

I hope you have a great week ahead!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @verlaat, I hope you're well today!

Can you clarify for me where you're taking these steps from? Eg. the desktop app, website or mobile app.

Also, where exactly are you running into an issue with this process? Are you not able to see the option to copy/paste perhaps?

Please let me know which steps your taking, and send along any relevant screenshots that you believe might be helpful.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

verlaat
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Daphne,

I am fine, thanks Daphne, and you?

Being totally new to Dropbox I tried to copy a file in a folder and paste it into another folder, in dropbox.com.

I am now doing the copying and pasting on my pc and allow dropbox to synchronise it onto the web.

Thanks for your response.  

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to me here @verlaat, and I'm glad to hear you found your own workaround for this!

If you do prefer to use the website at all, copying a file is possible but you won't be able to use the keyboard shortcuts to do so.

You can instead select the file on the website, and click the "..." button to the right of the file name to see the option "Copy". When you choose this, you'll be prompted to choose a location for the copy of the file to be added in Dropbox.

If there's anything else that I can help with though, please don't hesitate to get back to me here. I'd be more than happy to help out. :grin:

I hope you have a great week ahead!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

verlaat
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Daphne,

That is good to know.

Thanks!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

verlaat Explorer | Level 4
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?