I have Dropbox installed on my computer, and when I plug in my phone I get the message, "No new images or videos were found on Ashley's iPhone" when in fact there are lots of new images and videos for Dropbox to add to my Camera Upload folder. All my settings are correct on my computer to take the files from my phone and add them to Dropbox, I have enough room in my Dropbox account, I can't seem to figure out why it just hasn't downloaded any new images since March.
Any help would be appreciated!
In order to fix Camera Uploads for your devices please make sure you have tried the following:
1) Install the latest Dropbox app on your device.
2) Enable / Reset Camera Uploads on your computer
This will reset your Camera Uploads settings for all your devices. When you connect a device, Dropbox will ask you if you want to import pictures from it.
3) Enable / Reset Camera Uploads on your mobile device
- Open the Dropbox app, go to the “Recents” tab and tap the gear icon
- Under the Settings heading, select Camera Uploads
- You can enable or disable the automatic camera uploads feature, as well as the option to allow the feature to use cellular data or not. Please note that videos will not be automatically uploaded over cellular data.
- Open the Dropbox app
- Tap on the menu button
- Tap the gear icon
- Under Camera Upload, select “Turn on Camera Upload"
You can also read more about the camera uploads feature on the following page: https://help.dropbox.com/photos-videos/camera-uploads-overview
If you experience issues with the Camera Uploads feature, so that our support team can investigate more on this, please go to www.dropbox.com/support and submit a ticket request.
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below.
Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Still stuck? Ask me a question! (Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)
Thanks for posting your question on our forum.
Are you still having the same issues? Could I suggest installing Carousel on your iPhone. This application let's you automatically upload your photos to your Dropbox right after you've taken the photo. For more information on Carousel please take a look at: carousel.dropbox.com
Same issue with no photo uploads since ios 8.4 update on my iphone:-( "Can't connect to Dropbox". Already tried to delete and reinstall dropbox app....frustrating I can't find an answer anywhere. I did not like the reviews for Carousel...any other fixes?
Same issue here. I thought Dropbox was automatically uploading my photos. Today I looked carefully and found many many photos on my phone have never been uploaded to my pc. Now I am trying to find out how to do this manually with no luck.
Here is the email I received from Dropbox support:
Thanks for contacting Dropbox! Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue with your Camera Uploads.
If uploads from the Dropbox app appear stuck or slow, we’d recommend that you first try to reinstall our app, which will cancel the sync and clear the upload queue. When you sign in again, you can once again attempt to upload these files using our Camera Upload feature. Please note that if you have any favorited items, you will have to once again favorite and download any files that you’d previously favorited after reinstalling the app.
You can follow these steps to sign out and reinstall the app:
1. Open the Dropbox app, and select Settings
2. Under the Settings heading, disable the Camera Upload feature
3. Sign out of your Personal Dropbox account
4. Delete the Dropbox app from your device
5. From the App Store, download the latest version of the Dropbox app
6. After Dropbox has finished downloading, open the app and sign back into your Dropbox account
After following these steps, the upload queue will be cleared, and you can turn Camera Upload back on.
If this fails to resolve your issue -
1) You can try Dropbox's Carousel app (free in the App Store), as we've optimized the Camera Upload feature for that app. Automatic Backup from Carousel will still go into the Camera Uploads folder in your Dropbox.
2) You can plug your device into a computer to quickly upload remaining items.
To enable Camera Upload from the desktop client, please follow these steps:
- Make sure you have the most recent version of the desktop client installed. You can download it here: https://dropbox.com/install
- Click the small Dropbox icon in your menu bar/system tray.
- Click the gear in the Notifications pane.
- Select Preferences and click on the “import” tab.
- Check the box that says “Enable camera uploads.” You can set it to upload only photos, or both photos and videos.
Finally, it's important to note that if you're uploading a large queue of items or long videos, you'll likely want to make sure background uploading is enabled.
In order to enable background uploading for the Camera Upload feature, the app needs permission to access your device's location services and does not collect your location information.
With background uploading enabled, the app will automatically resume unfinished uploads when it detects a change to a location that you have previously uploaded to with Camera Upload (Wi-Fi only). If uploading using cellular data is enabled, the app will resume when a significant location change is detected.
This feature is designed to make Camera Upload work more efficiently and uses a low-power option provided by Apple.
In order for the Dropbox mobile app to resume uploads in the background of the device, a change in location must be detected from where the device was previously uploading from using Camera Uploads. The location change is necessary to trigger the Background App Refresh feature to resume the Dropbox mobile app in the background. This change does not need to be as significant when connected to a WiFi network. When using cellular data, the change in location will likely need to be more significant in order to be detected by Location Services.
For more information, please see our Help Center article here:
I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.
The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.Sound good? Let's get started.
For more info on available support options, see this article.
If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!