cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open preference on Dropbox windows app

Can't open preference on Dropbox windows app

meerkat
New member | Level 2

I am not able to open the actual Dropbox app on my Windows 10 machine. As I gather, the only way to do it is by clicking on the system tray icon. The problem is that the system tray icon doesn't prompt with any menu of any sort on being clicked. It is so frustrating that such a critical functionality of the app is not working.

Double clicking on the system tray icon open the Dropbox folder in File Explorer.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't open preference on Dropbox windows app

Rich
Super User II

@meerkat wrote:

The problem is that the system tray icon doesn't prompt with any menu of any sort on being clicked.

Try a CTRL-left click to open the legacy menu. If that works, you might consider exiting the app and restarting it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@meerkat wrote:

The problem is that the system tray icon doesn't prompt with any menu of any sort on being clicked.

Try a CTRL-left click to open the legacy menu. If that works, you might consider exiting the app and restarting it.

View solution in original post

meerkat
New member | Level 2
Thank you so much! It worked. I don't know why this isn't documented where it might be easily accessible.
The single click still doesn't work.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

meerkat New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?