cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We're back with another cheat sheet to make your 2022 easier than ever! Check out our tips here

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't reinstall Dropbox because time settings are incorrect

translateltd54
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks, Walter - I'll save this for future reference in case I get a repeat of this issue.  In the meantime I dealt with it by deleting the huge folder from Dropbox, which proved something of a mission itself - I had to stop syncing on both machines, wait for the folder to delete, unlink DB, delete the mirrored folders on both PCs, reboot and relink, and then the remaining folders synced as normal.  We're back to real time syncing again now. 

The actual cause is still a mystery, since the million-file folder (and subfolders) has always been there, so it wasn't something new we'd set up.

When I first tried deleting the folder on DB, I forgot about the two-way syncing, so it was trying to upload all the files from the PC again once they'd been deleted from the web folder.  Curiously, the local folder I'd unchecked under selective sync to stop this happening had become automatically checked again somewhere along the way!

Thanks again for the input on this.

Server_Align
Collaborator | Level 10

They have just rebuit the application and the sync speed is down the drain when you have a large number of files.

Clearly not designed for coperate or heavy file use.

Need more support?