cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox straight away sync everything in my Hard Drive to the cloud when I downloaded drop box.

Dropbox straight away sync everything in my Hard Drive to the cloud when I downloaded drop box.

Andrex123
New member | Level 2

Hi My Name is Andrew, today I downloaded dropbox and signed in. Drop box automaticly sync all files to the cloud therefore, my desktop is now empty. May I ask how can I reverse the process? because i am not aware that dropbox can automaticly stole my file and upload everything to the cloud. Now my desktop empty and I would like to reverse everything. Please help with thanks. - Andrew

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox straight away sync everything in my Hard Drive to the cloud when I downloaded drop box.

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @Andrex123; thanks for joining the Community!

Can you please clarify if you're referring to syncing indeed or maybe to the computer backup feature?

In case of the latter, you can disable it by following these steps

Keep me posted on your progress, Andrew. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Re: Dropbox straight away sync everything in my Hard Drive to the cloud when I downloaded drop box.

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @Andrex123; thanks for joining the Community!

Can you please clarify if you're referring to syncing indeed or maybe to the computer backup feature?

In case of the latter, you can disable it by following these steps

Keep me posted on your progress, Andrew. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Andrex123
New member | Level 2

Thanks for your reply Walter!

You have helped me in this matter. Thank you very Much.

Have a good one. Cheers

Walter
Dropboxer
Glad to hear I could help, Andrew.

See you around the Community and enjoy the remainder of your week! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    Andrex123 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?