cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Whatā€™s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Dropbox tray icon menu

Dropbox tray icon menu

thie
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Since upgrading my desktop last month to Ubuntu 21.10 with Gnome 40.4 on X11 the Dropbox menu no longer pops up  when I click the tray icon. The icon does get 'selected' when I hover the mouse over it.

My files are being synced just fine, so it is not a big deal since I can use the command-line if I would need to e.g. temporarily stop syncing. Still, I am wondering if more people have run into this issue. I have tried a few other Gnome extensions (like Topicons) while disabling the standard Ubuntu Appindicators, but to no avail. Reinstalling dropbox also made no difference.

My Dell laptop (Ubuntu 21.10/Gnome 40.4/Wayland) has exactly the same issue.

On the Lenovo laptop of my wife (Ubuntu 21.10/Gnome 40.4/Wayland) the popup menu does show up.

Does anybody have any idea?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thie
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

This is how I can 'activate' the popup menu: first I double-click the Dropbox tray icon. After that it will pop up, whether I click left or right. Until I have done that, the menu does NOT appear on a left or right click.

Anyway, this is a simple workaround for a strange problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

thie
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Very odd, after some more clicking different mouse buttons at different positions within the icon a popup menu now shows on the desktop! It does have a different style (font, background color) than the popup menus from other icons in the tray area though.

However, after logging out and in again, the old situation (popup menu not showing) is restored.

thie
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Well, I got it sorted, sort off. Initally it does not work, but after some random left- and right and simultaneous clicking multiple times, all of a sudden the menu pops up and from there on it just work then you click it.

Very odd nevertheless...

thie
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

This is how I can 'activate' the popup menu: first I double-click the Dropbox tray icon. After that it will pop up, whether I click left or right. Until I have done that, the menu does NOT appear on a left or right click.

Anyway, this is a simple workaround for a strange problem.

KSM83
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had the same problem but solved it.

I use Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS.

1. Go to SETUP

2. Go to accessibility menu

3. Always show accessibility menu activate

Then the top tray icon will be activated.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

KSM83 New member | Level 2
    thie Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?