cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Linux Mint 20 : DropBox no longer syncing despite syncing icon!

Linux Mint 20 : DropBox no longer syncing despite syncing icon!

Iplicjian
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Hello all. I have followed the suggestions made by others but still I am not syncing. I upgraded to Linux Mint 20 yesterday and everything works as it should, except DropBox; a key app for me. I note that the LM version (which I re-downloaded yesterday in an attempt to solve this) is version 107.4.443 whereas the MacOS version is 108.4.453. Thsi information may have nothing to do with the problem but I mention it for information. 

Please help 🙂 

Thanks

John

33 Replies 33

Iplicjian
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

STOP PRESS! 

In the last 5 mins (just after I had posted the above). The folders and files have miraculously updated without any apparent syncing taking place! 

It seems to be working. 

I shall harvest the commans used in case I need them in the future. Meanwhile, thank you all very much for your patience and help.

Regards from a locked-down SW France.

John

SergioBaumel
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you, I had the exact same problem, and it seems the limit of "watched" files was ridiculously small. I have increased it to 500000 (instead of "just" 100000), just in case (I already have almost 300000 files in my Dropbox!)

DennisDevine
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Are you syncing to an external drive? The very basic interface for Dropbox
for Linux does not show my external drives

SergioBaumel
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

No, I don't use it with external drives. I keep a backup of only the most important files on my external drive, leaving the bulk of the storing to Dropbox and the cloud...

Need more support?