cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving the Password Reset Email

Not Receiving the Password Reset Email

Brian S
Explorer | Level 3

I am currently signed onto DropBox on my desktop, but I am trying to sign on with a new device and I cannot recall my password.  I am not receiving the reset email even after whitelisting no-reply@dropbox.com.  Please help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Not Receiving the Password Reset Email

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @Brian S.

In this case, I'd suggest reaching out to our Support team for further assistance with this. To do so, please visit this page via an incognito window and fill in the relevant details under the "Submit a help request" section.

You can let me know the ticket number you receive (eg. #123456) and I can pass along your comments from here if you'd like to.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Brian S
Explorer | Level 3

Follow up: I sent a test email from another account to the email account linked to my dropbox account as it is a fairly old address.  It would appear that although I have access to the account, it is no longer receiving new emails.  Is there a way to change the email address that is tied to my dropbox account?

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hi there @Brian S, I hope you're well today!

On your computer where you have the desktop app signed into your account, please click the Dropbox icon from your menu bar/system tray and click the globe icon from the top right corner of the small window.

This should open your account online so that you can change the email linked with your Dropbox account with these steps

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Brian S
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the response @Daphne!

The issue with changing my email address in this manner is that it requires my password which was the problem to start with.  It's a bit of a catch-22.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @Brian S.

In this case, I'd suggest reaching out to our Support team for further assistance with this. To do so, please visit this page via an incognito window and fill in the relevant details under the "Submit a help request" section.

You can let me know the ticket number you receive (eg. #123456) and I can pass along your comments from here if you'd like to.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

Brian S
Explorer | Level 3

Hello again,

I tried one last stab at my password, and I found the right one!  I was able to successfully update my email address 🙂  Thanks!

Daphne
Dropboxer

I'm very happy to hear that @Brian S!

If there's anything else that I can help with then please don't hesitate to give me a nudge here. :grin:

I hope you have a lovely weekend!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Amills29
New member | Level 2
I’m also not receiving the reset password email and I have added the contact to my email. Also I have tried so many times that it is saying to try again ima. Few minutes. I do not see a way to submit a request as you stated in your previous post. Can you please outline a step one step 2 kind of scenario because I could not locate the submit request.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @Amills29, did you open the link via an incognito window? 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

There is no reset mail in my mailbox?

sara vols
New member | Level 2

I forgot my pasword to log in on another device. There is no reset mail in my mailbox? What do i do wrong?

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?