cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Saving Attachments to Dropbox

Outlook Saving Attachments to Dropbox

CCNC
Explorer | Level 3

I have dozens of emails daily that I must save the attachments to a Dropbox folder, so I added the Dropbox Outlook add-in.

The add-in works as advertised (yay!).  However, it makes me sign in to Dropbox every time.  I'm literally going to the next email one moment after saving attachments from the previous one.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Any suggestions on an alternate method to save all attachments from a particular email address?  They all must end up in the same dropbox folder so I would think there'd be a way to automate this but haven't found it yet!

4 Replies 4

Re: Outlook Saving Attachments to Dropbox

Mark
Super User II

https://www.dropbox.com/account/general will let you set up a Dropbox to email address? Then you can have them auto appear in a folder and you tidy up later. 

Game changer for me!

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

CCNC
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the reply.  Could you elaborate please? I don't quite understand what you mean and also I don't see anything like that under accounts/general (followed your link).

This email account only contains invoices that need to be uploaded (just in case you meant it would set up another outlook folder to contain them).

Rich
Super User II

@CCNC wrote:

Could you elaborate please? I don't quite understand what you mean ...

Set up that feature and then just forward the emails to the address provided.

CCNC
Explorer | Level 3

It says "not allowed by your team - go to admin console to allow this app".  I am the admin but when I go to admin console, this app does not show up in the list of apps. Very weird!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

CCNC Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?