cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading Microsoft Files from iPad Pro gets stuck on "upload pending".

Uploading Microsoft Files from iPad Pro gets stuck on "upload pending".

carligreene29
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, I opened a Microsoft Excel file from the Dropbox app on my iPad Pro and I saved it after I made changes and it will not upload the new version into Dropbox, it just says "Upload Pending". I tried deleting the Dropbox app and deleting the Excel app off the iPad and I tried turning it off and back on and I also tried switching to a different network and nothing has worked so far. Please help! Thank you!

5 Replies 5

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hello there @carligreene29, I hope you're having a good day so far!

Could you clarify for me the steps that you're taking at the moment to upload the file to the Dropbox app?

If you haven't already, can you try uploading the file from within the Dropbox app using the "+" button?

Also, please let me know which version of the Dropbox app you have installed at the moment.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

carligreene29
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Daphne,

First I am opening the Dropbox app and selecting the excel file I need to edit and I click 'open' and it automatically opens the excel app on the iPad for that file and it is set up on auto save to save to the file in Dropbox and I finish my changes and then it says "upload pending". Also, I created an all new file in the PowerPoint app and selected save and when it asks where I want to save it to I click Dropbox and then it says "upload pending" again. In both of these situations it never uploads. 

I have Dropbox app version 202.3.2

It did work when I uploaded via the "+" button.. however it wouldn't be really feasible for me to open existing files in dropbox, edit them, make a copy of the file, reupload it using the "+" and then delete the original... I need to be able to just open the original, edit it, and save that new version in Dropbox. 

thanks for your help!

carligreene29
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Daphne,

I am wondering if you may have seen my reply? 

Thank you!

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for that info @carligreene29, apologies for the delay in getting back to you here!

Can you let me know how much space you have free in your Dropbox account? How about on your device?

Could you try turning off the Autosave function by tapping the "..." in the top right when editing in Excel, and once toggled off try tapping the "Save" button that appears?

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MickeNy
Explorer | Level 4

I have struggled with the "Upload pending" -issue for a bit in all Microsoft Office 365 products I use (excel, word, powerpont) and found this advise.

I tested it with excel (my current struggle) (toggled off the auto update) and manually saved the file and that fixed the pending -issue.

However this is not a solution, it's a workaround and I would appreciate feedback on the efforts to provide a solution.

If you wonder which versions I am on, they are: ipados 14.6, excel 2.50, Dropbox 240.2 and the space is 62.6% used

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

MickeNy Explorer | Level 4
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
    carligreene29 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?