cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iOS Files App Favorites Folder Disappear

iOS Files App Favorites Folder Disappear

FrankieT
Helpful | Level 5

On both my iPad and my iPhone, when I mark a folder from Dropbox or any other cloud service as a “Favorite”, it shows up in my favorite list in the Files app, but if I switch apps or close the files app, when I reopen it, the folder disappears from the favorites list.  

130 Replies 130

Guillaume DXB
Helpful | Level 6
Ya it’ll be google drive for me I think. Works perfect with the files app. I still can’t comprehend the lack of interest of Dropbox on this.

Drumboxing
Helpful | Level 5

I work a lot with the files app and this issue is so annoying, only happens with Dropbox. I am a paid Dropbox subscriber but I think I won't renew in a couple months and move to iCloud or google drive, this is too annoying and Dropbox takes no time to actually understand the issue and try to fix it.

itsmaku
Helpful | Level 6

i really hope theres a fix coming?

CaptSpalding
Helpful | Level 6

Not good enough. 

We have been getting the same song and dance for a year and a half. No explanation. No description of efforts made to solve the problem. 

Basically no respect for your customers. 

I'm looking for another provider, and I will leave a review on all iPad listservs that Dropbox is incompatible with Files App, and that no Apple user should consider them for a cloud solution. 

JohnnyR69
New member | Level 2

It's an issue for me as well. Please fix this annoying bug Dropbox!

MWB
Explorer | Level 4

This is still a problem in the iPadOS 14 beta. Favourites and tags don't show in the sidebar. For god's sake Dropbox, DO SOMETHING!!!!!

@JohnnyR69 wrote:

It's an issue for me as well. Please fix this annoying bug Dropbox!

khcole
Helpful | Level 6

Yes, I was hopeful, but alas...no fix.  Once I have time, I'll switch my company to OneDrive.  I already "pay" for that through my Office365 subscription.  So, that move will save me $25 per employee.  It's one thing for them not to fix this for "free" customers.  Entirely enother for business subscribers...

Pieroman
Helpful | Level 6

This is still a problem in iPadOS 14, I can't believe this :slight_frown: 

Even if the responsibility is shared with Apple because this takes place in the Files app (doubtful because other third-party sync services don't have this bug), Dropbox should have reported this bug every single day to Apple during the beta period !

JLY
New member | Level 2

Amazing to read through this thread.  Paid Dropbox user for years and suffered through this problem, but I never imagined that it had been pointed out so often and so clearly to the company.  Fix it!

khcole
Helpful | Level 6

Been putting any transition off, but I just moved a ton of files over the OneDrive to try it out. I understand they don't have this issue.  

Need more support?