cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get disconnected from a team?

Explorer | Level 3

I'm currently seriously handicapped because my account on my laptop is incorrectly linked to a partner organisation, as a result of which that organisation's files are managed as if held by me. That is not the case. So I need to free up my space by being disconnected from french-waterways.com. Please help me! My account is dem@transmanche.net and at present my storage is full because of the huge storage consumed by french-waterways.com. We will continue to have shared folders for files we need to exchange, but that needs to be one shared folder only, not all the files!!

Many thanks for your assistance. I've been without my own Dropbox for months now.

Best regards

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How can I get disconnected from a team?

Dropboxer

It looks like you’re a member of a free team, which doesn’t provide any additional quota, or shared quota, unlike a paid Dropbox Business team.

If you wish to leave the team, you can do so by following these steps.

Bear in mind, if the shared folder you’re referring to is in fact a team folder (you can tell this by seeing if the folder has a building icon on it), you’ll lose access to that folder as well.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Dropboxer

Hi @edwardsmay, thanks for joining the Community!

Just to clarify something, are you part of a Dropbox Business team, or are you referring to a shared folder that is taking up the space on your account?

What plan and quota do you see when you view this page on your account?

Keep me posted!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3
Many thanks for coming back to me. It's the latter scenario. We have normal accounts, and the shared folder french-waterways.com is taking up my space. Another issue is that I don't want to lose my folders if we blow out my email address completely. At present when I log in from that email address I'm always identified as french-waterways.com, and that's not right. FW is on Plus and I am on Basic. I'm oversubscribed 6 times, but need a disconnect from FW, then to be able to rationalise my own storage. ThanksCapture d'écran 2020-04-15 17.29.47.png

Dropboxer

It looks like you’re a member of a free team, which doesn’t provide any additional quota, or shared quota, unlike a paid Dropbox Business team.

If you wish to leave the team, you can do so by following these steps.

Bear in mind, if the shared folder you’re referring to is in fact a team folder (you can tell this by seeing if the folder has a building icon on it), you’ll lose access to that folder as well.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

Explorer | Level 3

Many thanks Jay. Great progress. I've logged in finally as me alone. That worked. Now I'm going to see how my capacity is changed by leaving that french-waterways team.

Dropboxer

Glad to hear it, @edwardsmay, let me know if you require any further assistance!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Explorer | Level 3

Thank you. Yes, now I realise that it ain't good practice to join a team with the same email address as for one's own separate activity. But how the system identified my storage requirement as 12 Giga remains a mystery to me.

Dropboxer

When you join a free team, you are automatically added to the team folder. Most likely it was this folder that brought you overquota since it had a lot of data in it.

Once you left the team, the team folder was removed from your account, so now you’re underquota.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Explorer | Level 3

I left the team yesterday, but now the issue is completely different. It's that I am paying €12 per month for Dropbox Plus, but I am only given the basic storage, hence quota now reached. I need the Plus to be recognised by the system. Thanks. And I'm terrified by the complexity of the process described for other frustrated clients.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?