cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How I use Dropbox: Raven

How I use Dropbox: Raven

Amy
Community Manager
We’re back with another edition of ‘How I use Dropbox’ and this time, we have a relative Dropbox newbie and education expert- Raven. She’s going to talk us through how she uses Capture to keep her screenshots organized, and to record tutorials in no time. I’m definitely looking forward to learning about screenshot management. No one needs to know how messy my desktop is… anyway, over to you Raven! 

As a new Dropboxer, I spend at least as much time learning as I do working. That means reading a million +1 Paper docs, meeting new friends, and dreaming big when it comes to growing customer education. So, how do I keep up with all of these dreams, docs, and friends? It’s easy with Dropbox Capture. 

As a very visual person, I take A LOT of screen shots. As I am reading something, instead of highlighting portions I want to remember, I take a screenshot of it. Later on, when I dig through my messy desktop - I will organize these images in my notes for reference. What I love about Capture is that all of my screenshots are automatically saved into their own folder in my Dropbox account, so I never need to hunt for what I am looking for. Additionally, I can choose to either copy image or copy link for easy sharing.

I also love the screen recording and GIF tools. It is so easy for me to practice a tutorial by doing a quick screen recording of a task and using it to review for clarity. When I am collaborating with others, we can cut our meetings in half by sending screen recordings to one another ahead of time showcasing an idea or a problem to be solved. That means that by the time we meet, we are all aware of what the issue is, and may even have some ideas ready to go. It is also a great way for me to request quick feedback on trainings in development.

Overall, Dropbox Capture has helped me to tame some of the screenshot chaos, and to save time on a regular basis - which leaves me some extra time to chat to my lovely coworkers! 

I am definitely mentally saving that screenshot tip! The screen record feature has definitely made my days more efficient - have you tried Dropbox Capture yet? 
5 Replies 5

Ruqunpbt
New member | Level 2
Thank you

Krabut
Helpful | Level 6

Changing destination for screenshots on Mac
If you are on a Mac, you can easily decide where you want your screenshots - different folder or even different harddrive (provided it is mounted to your system, when you do the screenshot, of course)

Here is a link, which provides the recipe for pre-Mohave systems and newer.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/change-where-mac-screenshots-saved-3682381/

Making Screenshots
One of the ideal things about MacOS are the many ways to do screenshots - whole page, partial page, single app window, even menus with mouse-highlights, and all either saved as a choice of image formats or to RAM for easy insert elsewhere like any other Copy. 

Here is a tutorial for Monterey, which has a specific Screenshot tool, and you can even set a timer to do screenshots, while you are away from the keyboard!!

https://9to5mac.com/2021/08/12/how-to-screenshot-on-mac-tips-tricks/

or this
https://www.parallels.com/blogs/the-six-best-shortcuts-to-take-screenshots-on-a-mac/

and a tutorial for older MacOS
https://www.ias.edu/itg/content/keyboard-shortcuts-capture-screen-shot-mac-os-x

Also, GRAB, an app in older MacOS, which not many know, also has a timer function!!

Krabut_0-1648757000147.png

Free Screen Recording

Not many people are aware of this, but it is actually possible to use QuickTime player to record with or without sound - just the screen, an audio podcast or yourself talking to the camera.

Krabut_0-1648756345670.png

Chris_J
Super User

Thanks for sharing, I use Capture too but I learned something from you.

Thanks

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

SemGreen
Explorer | Level 4

Hello, Amy. I also use Capture for learning. This is especially true during online lessons. In fact, such opportunities are very useful for raising the level of education. Therefore, a very effective technique is the use of various online educational platforms. In which you can order an essay or dissertation from a professional nursing writer and get a high-quality work in a short time. Thanks for the info. I think it will be useful for many schoolchildren and students.

dariohill
New member | Level 2

@SemGreen wrote: 

Hello, Amy. I also use Capture for learning. This is especially true during online lessons. In fact, such opportunities are very useful for raising the level of education. Therefore, a very effective technique is the use of various online educational platforms. In which you can order an essay or dissertation from a professional nursing writer and get a high-quality work in a short time. Thanks for the info. I think it will be useful for many schoolchildren and students.

Drift Hunters

Wish the blog more and more success and continue to inspire the community.

Need more support?