cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolutions check in with Dropbox

Resolutions check in with Dropbox

Amy
Community Manager
As January comes to a close, now is a good time to check in on any good habits you’re trying to form. We don’t need to use the resolution word, and tying them to the new year can cause a lot of us to bail by now - but here are some tips for keeping those good habits going with Dropbox.

Create a weekly check-in list on Paper:

If you rely on your habits daily, it’s easy to miss a day and abandon the endeavour altogether, so doing a weekly check in makes it more likely that you’ll achieve something, rather than nothing. For example, if I said I would go to the gym every day, and I miss Monday, I might skip Tuesday and Wednesday too. Checking in weekly, I might have missed Monday but hopped back on the gym train a few days later and at the end of the week I still get to mark it as a success in my Paper doc.

Store your progress pictures in a folder:

It is so easy to lose patience with a new skill if you don’t see the progress and it’s hard to see the benefit in the short term. But it is also hard to deny hard proof! So, along with your check in at the end of the week you can add a photo, video or audio file to track your new skill! Whether it’s the progression on an instrument, a garden project or a new craft - you can record your achievements so that when you need a little encouragement in week 5 or 6, you can see how far you have come! In fact, another member of our Community, Connie did this with her own project - check it out here

Collaborate with friends to stay on track:

Accountability can be hard, but having a friend involved means you can encourage each other - so why not share your check in doc or progress photos with a friend, and see how they’re doing on their goals too? You can tag each other or comment on their files to cheer them on, or to remind them to get back on board. Check out how you can share your files with a friend here.

Add some new music into the mix:

A habit that’s easy to build is listening to new music. Check out how our own Kevin tracked the new music that he liked, didn't care for and overall expanded his listening lists. If your new habits include running, gardening, home improvements, walking, the gym - anything you can do while wearing headphones, this might be a simple addition to improve your day. 

These are just a few tips to hopefully keep your good habits on track - but we would love to know if you have any other hacks or tips to share. 
0 Replies 0
Need more support?