cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the Dropbox & HelloSign integration

Using the Dropbox & HelloSign integration

Amy
Community Manager
Making sure your tools are all connected and working as well as they can be is key to a good workflow. First of all, is HelloSign included with Dropbox? Yes! So let’s look at how you can connect Dropbox and HelloSign to get the most out of both.

Connect Dropbox and HelloSign

When you send for a signature through Dropbox, you’ll be prompted to connect your Dropbox and HelloSign accounts and accept the terms of service. 

If you don’t already have a HelloSign account, a free account will be created with the email address you use for Dropbox. If you already have a HelloSign account with the same email address as your Dropbox account, the accounts will be connected. 

After your accounts are connected, you’ll also be able to sign in to HelloSign.com by clicking Sign in with Dropbox.

What can I do with HelloSign and Dropbox? 

Once you’re all connected, you can start sharing files for people to sign. You can read all about how to do that right over here. You can also learn how to cancel a signature request, and how to sign a document yourself. 

Once your signed files are complete, you and all signers will receive email confirmations. Your signed files automatically save to your Dropbox account, in the location you chose for that file and in your connected HelloSign account. 

If you delete a signed file from either Dropbox or HelloSign, it’ll still be saved on the other platform, so you always have a back up copy. If you delete the file from both, then it cannot be retrieved. 

What if someone hasn’t signed their form yet? 

Don’t worry, you don’t have to wait until someone signs a document to have it saved to your Dropbox account. While a file is waiting to get signed, an in-progress PDF version of the file is saved in the location in your Dropbox account you chose named “[file name] (in-progress).pdf”.

Once the file is signed, that file is replaced with a new, signed PDF file named “[file name] (signed).pdf”. Start to finish, you have a record and a copy in your Dropbox account too. 

What else should I know about the HelloSign and Dropbox integration? 

If the HelloSign account you connected to Dropbox is on the limited free plan (which is the default plan), you can make three document transactions per month. 

You can track and manage your HelloSign signature requests directly from Dropbox. To get started, sign in to the HelloSign for Dropbox dashboard and:
  • Find the file(s) you need by using the Search bar at the top.
  • Click the Request signature button to request a signature.
You’ll also get Dropbox and email notifications as your requests progress.

Signed files take up space in your Dropbox account. If you run out of space in your Dropbox account while a file is in progress (waiting on a signature), you’ll see an error message and the signed version of the file will only save on HelloSign.com and not in Dropbox. 

Have you connected your Dropbox and HelloSign accounts yet? Tell us how you use HelloSign in the comments below!
2 Replies 2

Texas_Tucker
New member | Level 2

I have the Hellosign Essentials package and want to upgrade my Dropbox storage free account to the dropbox storage essentials account which looks like it includes hellosign (dropbox sign). Dropbox linked my accounts, but how do I keep from getting billed for the annual hellosign and the annual dropbox essentials both? I think I should only be billed on the Dropbox storage side since hellosign is included in that plan.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Texas_Tucker, I hope you're doing well! 

What I would suggest is that you cancel the HelloSign Essentials package, wait for the downgrade and then re-upgrade through Dropbox, on our Essentials package. 

If you need any help or have any questions, I'm always here for you!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Texas_Tucker New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?