Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Dropbox is stuck syncing

New member | Level 1

Dropbox is stuck in sync. I've tried unlinking, I've reinstalled the application. What's next?

55 Replies

Re: Sync stuck

New member | Level 1

I have the same problem since tow weeks now, the first time I start windows the sync works perfect, but when some one update a file in another location the synchronization process get stuck, and I cant get in to the task icon properties, I already try turning off Avast. uninstall and reinstall the dropbox application,  HELP 

New member | Level 1

You don't understand. My sync does't work at all, not sometimes. It's frozen...I've unlinked, reinstalled the software. Nothing works, especially Dropbox support, which doesn't exist. What a joke! I've canceled my account. Too many other players.

New member | Level 1

Seriously.. Been stuck on "downloading file list" for weeks. disassociated the computer, tried the terminal commands on Dropbox website, re-installed, even DELETED ALL THE FILES ON MY DROPBOX AND IN THE DROPBOX FOLDER.. It's all empty.. Nothing.. Still stuck "downloading file list".. reinstalled, unlinked, relinked, etc. again with nothing in my dropbox online, and nothing in my dropbox folder on my mac. WOW. still stuck syncing. Not very cool for a service I'm paying for by the year. Time to look elsewhere.

New member | Level 1

I have been facing an error on desktop client. it says " cant find a secure internet connection" i have been using dropbox on the same computer from 2 years now paying an annual amount to you. but since last 1 week it has stopped syncing and shows a CROSS X sign on the box icon and says "cant find a secure connection" i tried everything uninstalled the antivirus uninstalled the dropbox app. tried on different computers but everywhere its the same! KINDLY HELP ME OR FIX THE APP ASAP. AWAITING YOUR REPLY!

New member | Level 1

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Dropbox on my computers because of a problem. After reinstalling, not all my files, some of which were important, were restored.

New member | Level 1

my drop box is not connected but it shows my account and profile but when i open drop box it gives the "storing your folder on a network share can also cause an error.

[personal information removed by moderation according to our Community Guidelines]

New member | Level 1

So how do we get answers on this?  Seems like noones questions above are getting answered?  Mine gets stuck for the last month after suspending and coming back, it gets stuck in "Downloading file list".  So I exit, reopen the app from the program list, it syncs and all is good, but this seems to happen now every day.

New member | Level 1

Mine is syncing but i get this constant flashing of the "Downloading file list".

Attached is a screencast of the syncing issue: https://goo.gl/zqffNs

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

New member | Level 1

Looks like we're leaving Dropbox guys - there are no answers and no help for what I'll bet are really pretty straightforward problems here. Let's go and find better filesharing apps

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox is stuck syncing
55 Replies
80 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post