cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Previews of CMYK files that look the wrong colour

Previews of CMYK files that look the wrong colour

woofwear
Helpful | Level 5

Hi,

I've uploaded to CMYK files to my dropbox so that clients can download them and use them in print catalogues etc. However, in the preview the colour looks nothing like the colour in the file. If I download and open it, it is the correct colour. How can I make it so the preview matches? I don't want to confuse my customers. 

Thank you

28 Replies 28

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for letting me know @tk_OG!

I've sent the ticket to the email address that's associated with your Community's profile. I cannot use another one for security purposes. 

If you like to though, you can log a ticket with the team and let me know the ticket's ID here so I can locate it on our system and get on it asap. 

In either case, please keep me posted Olivia! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

emacleoud
Explorer | Level 4

I have been having this issue with Dropbox for the last couple of months and it never was an issue before.  Its almost as if dropbox can no longer read cmyk files only the rgb looks correct. All of my art files are in cmyk for production purposes and the colors are messed up especially blues and greens. It started with only .jps files and I got bounced around dropbox support with no resolution.  Now it's my .tif files too.  Its a problem because when I download them to other sites like shopify it still has the messed up the color.  Please I hope you resolve this!

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @emacleoud; sorry for the late reply. Are you still having issues with this?

If so, may I use the email address that's connected to your Community's profile to reach out so we can have a further look into this matter internally?

While we're at it, allow me to re-iterate that this issue is only impacting the preview of those files on our website and not how they should like like locally on your devices after they've been downloaded. 

In any case, I'll be waiting for your response. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

woofwear
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Walter, Are we any closer to reaching a solution for this problem? Thank you Kate

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there Kate (@woofwear); how are you today?

I wish I had an update on this, but as you never got back to my email I wasn't able to escalate your case to an expert for a more in-depth investigation and I can see the ticket I had opened up on your behalf is now closed due to inactivity.

May I reach out to your Dropbox associated email address again to investigate further? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

emacleoud
Explorer | Level 4

I responded to your email but it bounced back at me.  I too would like a resolution to this very big problem.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the update and sorry to hear about this @emacleoud.

Can you please log a ticket from your end to avoid the bounce you mentioned this time?

Let me know the ticket's ID (a 7 digit number) here when you get the chance and I'll get on it asap. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

kathleenaprior
New member | Level 2

Hello

I am also having this issue. However, when the photos are being downloaded they are STILL showing dull colours.

It means I am unable to download them and share them on my Instagram.

More importantly, my clients have downloaded them, and then uploaded them to their Image Databases - and the colours are completely off. My photos are now being used on their marketing materials and are not a true reflection of work - and are damaging my reputation as a photographer.

This really is not acceptable.

Kathleen

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi @kathleenaprior; thanks for joining the discussion here and sorry to hear about this.

Can you please clarify if this happens for all of your files, some or maybe just one? 

Could you perhaps send me a shared link to a problematic file so I can have a look on my end? 

While at it, how are you uploading those files in the first place (a desktop device, a mobile one, through an app integration etc.) and what's their exact type (for example are they jpegs, PNGs or something else)? 

Let me know what you find! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?