Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Highlighted

Text string search in txt file contents on iPhone

Explorer | Level 4

Hello! 

Can someone tell me if there's a feature in iPhone Dropbox app to search a text file contents for a specific string?

To be more precise: my passwords are stored in a text-file in dropbox. When I need one on iPhone I have to manually search for hundreds of strings with application passwords. Is there a way to do that like in browser with Ctrl+F? I just enter, for example, "Firefox" and it just finds a place in file with it

3 Replies

Re: Text string search in txt file contents on iPhone

Helpful | Level 6

As far as I can tell, the app is missing this feature. I posted a request for this in the Dropbox forum if anyone wants to piggyback on that.

Explorer | Level 3

This is stupid - the problem is NOT solved, the can is kicked down the road as a "post for request"...  This type of functionality should be included - it's 2018, not 1992.  DropBox has possible the worst search engine on the planet.  They should be at least as good as Evernote, which has the best...

New member | Level 2
Use DocstoGo plus. It syncs with Dropbox and lets you edit and search all sorts of txt and office file types- and view pdf as well. The only iPhone app I purchased!
Installation and Desktop App Issues

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Text string search in txt file contents on iPhone
3 Replies
4 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post