cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Open Quicken app since update

Can't Open Quicken app since update

blBr31
Explorer | Level 4

I have always worked in Quicken on my desktop Mac and saved a backup on dropbox. Now with the new version of Dropbox, I can't open Quicken. I get a message that I need to update Quicken version but its running the latest. Or I get a message that Quicken is open on my iPad (its not). Could it be that the Quicken app is still on my hard drive but the only data file is and has been in Dropbox? Ive tried to avoid that but its happened before. I would like to keep some files on my Mac (in Dropbox) after i figure out how to do that. Will they still be backed up in the cloud? Mac M1 OS 12.6.5 

Thanks,

6 Replies 6

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @blBr31, thanks for reaching out to us.

Can you let us know which version of Dropbox you're running and what's the sync status?

You can hover over the Dropbox icon in your menu bar for this info.

Also, are you not able to open the Quicken app itself? Or Quicken files saved in your Dropbox folder?

Can you send us a screenshot of the error as well?

Thanks in advance.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

blBr31
Explorer | Level 4
I’m away from my desktop for 3weeks. Everything is current. It was the Dropbox update that threw everything into chaos. Quicken opens but gives me a dialog box that says I need to update (not true). Another option has given me a choice of opening a new file or opening one of several old archived files. Finder says the app lives in on my desktop hard drive. I’ve historically had to create new files to solve Quicken glitches, but it’s been fine for quite some time. The only options it’s giving me are to open a new file or open an archived one. I know this sounds like more of a Quicken problem than a Dropbox one but the Dropbox update def triggered it. I’ve searched for info I saw about opening unresponsive files post update, but I was not able to find anything. Thanks

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

I'm not entirely sure that this issue has to do with Dropbox, but we'd be happy to look into it for you.

When you get access to your desktop again, please do send us some screenshots that would give us a visual of the issue, and also the info I asked for about the sync status and version of the app, so our team can investigate this further.

Thanks in advance!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

digdoug
Explorer | Level 3

I have the same problem on Mac, stating when I moved a lot of files to online only in Dropbox. The quicken app is not on dropbox, but my quicken file is.

my Dropbox version is "195.4.4995 up to date". Sync status is "everything is up to date".

I have had the same problem with Logic files also. And when I choose "open anyway" or "try again" the same thing happens.

This is bad, I am so regretting moving things to online-only, as it seems that has corrupted these files. Some corrupted files I've restored from Time Machine and then they open, but this is a big ask to have to do this for each file. Plus why would I save anything to DBox online-only knowing it might corrupt the file.

Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 11.47.53 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-03-20 at 11.47.28 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-03-20 at 11.46.24 PM.png

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @digdoug - sorry to hear about this.

Just to clarify, is this only happening with files that are online only or it it affecting files that are available offline on your computer too?

Do you get the same error if you try to make them local first, before opening them from Quicken? 

Any additional information is more than welcome!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

blBr31
Explorer | Level 4

Ha! “Use this One 2” sounds like the name of one of my Quicken files amidst the sea of corrupted ones. Quicken has been working better for the last year or so though. Last time I got help from them it was very good.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

blBr31 Explorer | Level 4
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    digdoug Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?