cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture trying to use old team account.

Capture trying to use old team account.

rsekkel
Explorer | Level 3

Capture 

Hi!

I use dropbox professional and I already sucessfully instaled Capture on two of my computers - all Windows 11. 

But when I tried to install it on my surface laptop (also Windows 11), where the dropbox app is working perfectly fine, capture tries to use another old account, where I used to have dropbox for teams - and it hangs trying to login. The request for Capture connect to Dropbox was sent to the correct professional account. I could not find a way to change the account. How can I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Ronald

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mike DBX
Dropbox Engineer

Thanks for checking @rsekkel!  We have now released the fix that was referenced previously, so if you uninstall Capture, download it again from dropbox.com/capture, and reinstall, then it should hopefully resolve this issue.  Our expectation is that Capture will still try to login automatically with your old account, but it will detect login being unsuccessful and present you with options to login with a different account.

Let us know how it goes 😊

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

YoucefDropbox
Dropbox Staff

So sorry about this. We had a bug here. Should be fixed by now. Could you try again? Thank you!

rsekkel
Explorer | Level 3
Spoiler
Hi!

Thanks for your prompt attention to my msg, but unfortunately the problem remains.

I rebooted the system, the browser open requesting permission to open dropbox capture, it opens the app but it keeps trying to connect to the wrong account.

Mike DBX
Dropbox Engineer

Sorry about that Ronald, as mentioned we have a fix coming for this, but it actually hasn't quite released yet.  In the meantime, in the Dropbox desktop app on the laptop where the issue occurs, can you please try clicking your avatar in the top right corner to open the tray menu and then go to "Preferences", and then open the "Account" tab.  If you see the old account listed there and it's signed in, can you please try clicking "Sign out" and then quit Dropbox Capture and open it again to see if the behavior changes?

If that doesn't work, there is also a link on the "Account" tab reading "Unlink these accounts in Settings on web", which will take you to your account settings on dropbox.com where you can unlink your personal account from your old team based account.  You could try this option; provided you actually want the accounts to be unlinked at this stage.

Hope that helps!

rsekkel
Explorer | Level 3

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your attention to my message.

I tried every suggestion, but the problem remain the same.

My old team account did not even exist on Dropbox anymore. I just recreated it as a free account to see if it would login on this account by nothing changed.

My professional account shown no linked account.

There must be some old info in the registry in my laptop deceiving the app.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @rsekkel, can you clarify if you're still facing the same issue, or if it was resolved? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Mike DBX
Dropbox Engineer

Thanks for checking @rsekkel!  We have now released the fix that was referenced previously, so if you uninstall Capture, download it again from dropbox.com/capture, and reinstall, then it should hopefully resolve this issue.  Our expectation is that Capture will still try to login automatically with your old account, but it will detect login being unsuccessful and present you with options to login with a different account.

Let us know how it goes 😊

rsekkel
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Mike!

I downloaded the new version and SUCESS!

It's working now!

Just a couple of comments:

1) As expected capture asked me which account I wanted to use. Although I've chosen my personal account it wrote something like "logging in ... my ol team account" but in fact it used my professional account. So perhaps you wanna check the message.

2) The new version did not install over the old installation, so I ended up with two capture apps installed. I just deleted the old one and it's all ok.

Again, thank you very much for your attention and congratulations to the Dropbox Team for the speedy solution.

Best regards,

Ronald Sekkel

Mike DBX
Dropbox Engineer

Perfect, thank you for confirming @rsekkel, and for the additional feedback!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mike DBX Dropbox Engineer
    rsekkel Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?