cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Replay stuck on unexpected error after re-inviting user to Business team

Dropbox Replay stuck on unexpected error after re-inviting user to Business team

vxville
Helpful | Level 6

Recently re-invited an email to an Advanced account after removing mistakenly, not able to access Replay and get stuck on "Unexpected error". All the previous shared links do still work outside of using the account email but not able to access Replay whatsoever. Other email members attached to the account can access as normally and can access the links. Just the relinked account that is affected. Wouldn't be surprised if I'm not able to access the previous uploads on Replay but being able to use going forward would be the main issue to resolve.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vxville
Helpful | Level 6

Turns out I was able to resolve this by clearing/deleting the site cookies and cache on the Dropbox Replay page using site settings (on 'replay.dropbox.com' and not 'dropbox.com') and now seems to work fine.

After doing so it looked like it generated a new auth code so I now have access to Replay.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @vxville, and welcome aboard the Community! 

Just to clarify, was it your own Dropbox account that was accidentally removed from the Business team or another user’s? Also, are you an admin on the team or a team member? 

Has the Dropbox account that was previously removed been successfully re-added to the team or is it in pending state still? 

Finally, does the same error persist on different browsers? If yes, I’d like a full screenshot of it to have a visual.

Let me know when you’ve got more info.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

vxville
Helpful | Level 6

Hi, 

It was another user that was mistakenly removed from the team, which of course got rid of their access and login. I am an admin on the team and now have made that same user an admin also, although they were just a team member prior.

Dropbox account has been re-added to the team once making another account under the same email.

The same error doesn't seem to be there when using other browsers so it takes me straight to it although it's empty, so nothing from before other than the welcome to Replay video. Should also clarify, all the shared links from the account before removal on Replay do still seem to work

vxville
Helpful | Level 6

Turns out I was able to resolve this by clearing/deleting the site cookies and cache on the Dropbox Replay page using site settings (on 'replay.dropbox.com' and not 'dropbox.com') and now seems to work fine.

After doing so it looked like it generated a new auth code so I now have access to Replay.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Awesome news @vxville!

If you need anything else, give us a shout!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Graham
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi @vxville,

Thanks for posting here on the Dropbox Community and for taking the time to report this issue. I'm happy to see that you were able to resolve this and everything is back working as it should!

I wanted to let you all know about the new Dropbox Replay group we recently launched here on the Dropbox Community. The group will be a great place to chat with other Replay users, discover tips and tricks, and even connect with some members of the Replay team. You can join now by following this link and hitting the "Join group hub" button!

Thanks again!
Graham

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Graham Community Manager
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    vxville Helpful | Level 6
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?