cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox creating issues with my CAD software

Dropbox creating issues with my CAD software

dorindajo
Explorer | Level 3

I run a licensed CAD software & Dropbox keeps trying to sync/upload it. The Gerber Accumark pattern design software began giving me error notifications when I first added Dropbox. I need Dropbox to Ignore this file!

dorindajo_0-1670209856951.png

dorindajo_1-1670209856967.png

I tried this:

Open the PowerShell application on your computer.

Type the code below, replacing the file/folder path placeholder with the file/folder path you’d like to ignore.

Set-Content -Path 'C:\Users\yourname\Dropbox(Personal)\YourFileName.pdf' -Stream com.dropbox.ignored -Value 1

Can someone please help?

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@dorindajo wrote:

I run a licensed CAD software & Dropbox keeps trying to sync/upload it.

I tried this: Set-Content -Path 'C:\Users\yourname\Dropbox(Personal)\YourFileName.pdf' -Stream com.dropbox.ignored -Value 1

It's not trying to sync the software. It's only trying to sync the shortcut icon on your Desktop because you have the Backup feature enabled, which moved your key folders (in this case, your Desktop) into your Dropbox folder so it can sync.

If you're going to use the PowerShell snippet to have Dropbox ignore that file, make sure you're specifying the path to the shortcut on your Desktop, and not the path to the software itself.

dorindajo
Explorer | Level 3

I will give that a try. Thank You!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dorindajo Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?