cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox passwords extensions not working

Dropbox passwords extensions not working

Hipparchia
New member | Level 2

Hello! I'm wondering if someone can help me here. I have been using Dropbox passwords extension for Chrome - though I also have it installed on my Firefox and Safari browsers too. As of the new year it has simply stopped working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the extensions - it doesn't work. The only way I can access my passwords currently is on the mobile app for Dropbox Passwords. But even that is unreliable and frequently freezes. I'm wondering what could be causing this. At this point, I would simply like to download the whole file so that I can switch to a better password manager but I cannot even get the app to download a csv file - it freezes before I can do that. 

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Hipparchia, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Are you currently running the latest version of those browsers? What OS version are you running on your device?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Hipparchia
New member | Level 2

Thank you for responding! My Chrome browser is up to date: Version 109.0.5414.87

And the other browsers are up to date. The extensions aren't working on any of my three computers. And so the only way that I can get to the Passwords is on my phone. Even that however is dicey since it often freezes.  

Jay
Dropbox Staff

You're saying this behavior occurs on all your browsers? What exactly happens when you attempt to use the app?

Do you have any proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router settings that could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    Hipparchia New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?