cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iPadOS 15 Files app - Content Unavailable, freezes

Dropbox unstable in iPad OS Files App.

VinceM50
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
The problem I have is that Dropbox seems to crash when running on an iPAD via the apple files app. If I open an application that uses the files app, such as Pages or Final Draft, when saving to the Dropbox via the files app, it crashes the app and for the next 4 to 5 minutes if I click on drop box via the files app it just doesn’t load.

Apple has confirmed this is a Dropbox issue (I raised it with them first), and I have not been able to crash the application(s) using Google Drive via files in the same way. 

Can anyone help?
155 Replies 155

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the updates and sorry to hear this persists @VinceM50

I can see that your ticket is closed in our system now. Would you like me to reach out via email to have a further look into this internally?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

robert_ios
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

When using Dropbox via the native Files app, it frequently freezes or shows the Content Unavailable error message. This happens whether I’m using the wifi at home or work, or cellular data. The only solution so far is to reboot the iPad, which is infuriating due to the frequency of the problem. Sometimes, after a few minutes, it starts working again without a reboot. Unfortunately, reinstalling the Dropbox app did not fix the issue.

On my iPhone, the issue rarely happens, but that could be because I do most of my work on the iPad. This is an iPad Pro M1 1TB running iPadOS 15.1 and Dropbox app version 258.3.2.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @robert_ios, welcome to our Community! I hope you're doing well.

Have you maybe tried offloading the Files app and installing it again? 

Feel free to send me any screenshots of when that happens, since I'd love to also have a visual representation. 

Let me know!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

robert_ios
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi @Megan, I have offloaded/deleted the Files app and reinstalled it from the App Store. I’ll check tomorrow to see if the problem happens again.

C878E88F-6480-463B-99C5-3D98CC331493.jpeg

ChrisC81
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yes you can, sorry for the delay I was working away last week

ChrisC81
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@Megan there is rarely anythig a screen shot would show as when it freezes, it doe just that freezes.  Tapping a file does nothing.  Force quitting the files app is the only solution that seems to work and wait for it to reload the data.

robert_ios
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@Megan The Files app has frozen again while navigating my Dropbox folder. I wasn’t even doing any complex operations — just opening some PDF files. This happens many times a day.

Edit: The frantic clicking in the gif below can barely express the sense of frustration and helpless urgency when encountering this problem at work. 🤬

ezgif.com-gif-maker 2.gif

VinceM50
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello Walter, if you could please.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
No worries @VinceM50 - you've got :envelope: 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Scottomfg
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I just wanted to add my name as another with this same problem. Exactly the same as the previous posters. It's been around for at least 6 months pre-dating iPadOS 15. Only solutions I've found is restarting iPad, or just waiting a while until it just fixes itself. Both of which are quite irritating because it always happens right when you are in the middle of working on something.

Need more support?