cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message "expired_access_token" when sharing from Dictate + Connect app

Error message "expired_access_token" when sharing from Dictate + Connect app

jroe
New member | Level 2

I have been using the app Dictate + Connect on my iPhone for many years. I share the dictations to Dropbox. All of a sudden I am getting the message:

Transferring Data Failed. Dropbox error. "expired_access_token/."

Can anyone help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jroe1
New member | Level 2
Thanks for the comments. I have got around this issue by sharing to Dropbox using the “Open in app” function which then allows me to share via Dropbox. All can be done through the D+C app.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @jroe,

At the beginning, check your application for possible updates and make sure you're using up to date version. If this cannot help, signal to application developer for the issue.

Good luck.

Rusquel
Explorer | Level 3
I am having this same problem. There is a workaround which is to go to settings in D+C -> Sharing -> Dropbox -> Account -> then click on Allow to let D+C to upload to your Dropbox account. But it only works for 24 hours or so then you have to go through the process again. No idea why the token is lasting less than 24 hrs now whereas before if was unlimited. Not sure if it’s a D+C issue or Dropbox. I suspect the former.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@Rusquel wrote:
... No idea why the token is lasting less than 24 hrs now whereas before if was unlimited. ...

Hi @Rusquel,

First of all keep in mind that there are different types of token. Some of them are lasting forever some are with limited validity in time. There was a change some time ago (long time ago already) one of the tokens - access token was possible to be with unlimited or limited validity - matter of developer choice. Now all access tokens are with limited validity period (not an option) - typically 4 hours. Other type of token - refresh token - is still with unlimited validity. For long term access refresh token is something mandatory now (for long time already). Some applications are still not updated and rely on long lived access token - something deprecated and unsupported anymore.

@Rusquel wrote:
... Not sure if it’s a D+C issue or Dropbox. I suspect the former.

In context of the above, I'll let you decide on your own. 🙂 I agree too for the former - developers had enough time.

Good luck.

Rusquel
Explorer | Level 3

Very interesting. That would explain a lot because Dicate + Connect has now been deprecated and replaced with a subscription only version (called just Dictate+). So I guess they haven't bothered replacing  the longterm access token with a refresh token on D+C and never will do. Shame.

Jroe1
New member | Level 2
Thanks for the comments. I have got around this issue by sharing to Dropbox using the “Open in app” function which then allows me to share via Dropbox. All can be done through the D+C app.

ponsoldt
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It looks like you can also save it to icloud.  Trying to figure how to get the dropbox folder tied to icloud.  Maybe iftt?

ponsoldt
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

To be more clear, you add icloud as your server location.  

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ponsoldt New member | Level 2
    Jroe1 New member | Level 2
    Rusquel Explorer | Level 3
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?