cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant get into Box as its asking 2 factor authentication through an app. i want to reset

I cant get into Box as its asking 2 factor authentication through an app. i want to reset

DianeMould
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi My box account used to not require 2 factor authentication but all the sudden its asking for it, via an authenticator app.  i dont want to use this, would prefer an email to text verification but I cant get in to change this.  how do i fix this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@DianeMould wrote:

I cant get into Box

Just to be clear, do you mean Dropbox, or do you really mean Box? Dropbox and Box are two different companies providing similar services. If you really do mean Box, then you need to ask their Support group for assistance.

My box account used to not require 2 factor authentication but all the sudden its asking for it, via an authenticator app.

Dropbox doesn't just enable two-step verification on its own. Only you can enable that on your account, and once enabled, you can't disable it without first signing in to your account using either the verification code that's sent to you or the emergency backup codes you receive when first enabling two-step authentication.

To disable two-step verification, refer to this help article.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@DianeMould wrote:

I cant get into Box

Just to be clear, do you mean Dropbox, or do you really mean Box? Dropbox and Box are two different companies providing similar services. If you really do mean Box, then you need to ask their Support group for assistance.

My box account used to not require 2 factor authentication but all the sudden its asking for it, via an authenticator app.

Dropbox doesn't just enable two-step verification on its own. Only you can enable that on your account, and once enabled, you can't disable it without first signing in to your account using either the verification code that's sent to you or the emergency backup codes you receive when first enabling two-step authentication.

To disable two-step verification, refer to this help article.

DianeMould
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

thank you, very helpful.  actually I have both dropbox and box accounts.  its the box account that has gone maverick so I will get on their forum

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DianeMould New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?