cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox iOS freeze

Integration with iOs Files app dropping out

Dmkiz
Explorer | Level 4

I am running an iPad Pro (3rd generation) with iOs 15.1, but I had the same problem with previous versions of iOs as well. I have two issues.

First, I have tried a number of times to add Dropbox folders as "Favourites" in the side bar. It works when I add them, but then later they just disappear.

Second, when trying to access my Dropbox files through the iOs Files app, the connection seems to periodically drop out. It works fine most of the time, but often I will try to load it and it just shows me a blank screen. I then have to leave it sitting there for about 10 minutes and eventually it reloads and takes me back to the home Dropbox folder. But during that time if I try to access Dropbox through the Files app it just doesn't load. Below is a screenshot of me trying to access Dropbox:

IMG_0085.PNG

66 Replies 66

Architetto D.
Collaborator | Level 9

This is going on since very long: Dropbox Files.app integration sucks, it freezes and crashes frequently as soon as I try to download or upload files (via Files.app). I can’t rely on Dropbox storage anymore this way.

If nothing changes I'll migrate everything to competitors. This is really too much.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Architetto D., sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Can you please clarify the type of files you're noticing this happen with? Are you perhaps referring to the issue you had reported back in January posted here?

Any additional information is more than welcome!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Architetto D.
Collaborator | Level 9

Hi @Walter 

This really happens with every kind of file now, it's clearly a background sync issue.

Yes, I'm referring to the same issue I reported back in January and in 2020 also. We're now in 2023 and nothing changed. I now self imposed 30 days to see if this is going to be solved or not, if not I'm sorry but I'll leave Dropbox services.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Architetto D., can I send you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Architetto D.
Collaborator | Level 9

@Megan sure you can!

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Architetto D., I just sent you an email.

I'll see you there! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

skifanatech
Helpful | Level 6

I finally had to move my files to google drive.  I couldn’t get work done any longer.  I still have a Dropbox account because my wife hasn’t moved yet, and I check on this problem from time to time and it still occurs.  For what it’s worth, dropbox support contacted me that same as they are you.  I got escalated to tier 2.  I sent them videos showing what happens.  It happens on EVERY file integration as you know, but I just picked one as an example.  The tech immediately blamed the other application and closed the ticket.  Hope you have better luck but I wouldn’t count on it.  

Architetto D.
Collaborator | Level 9

@skifanatech I'm gonna give them 30 day to solve this, otherwise I'll move everything to OneDrive.

I really can't work anymore if Dropbox app/sync doesn't work as expected.

Architetto D.
Collaborator | Level 9
At the end we’ve planned to move to OneDrive: the issue is still there, apparently an app update solved the issue, but did not.
I contacted Support again with a video of the issue but they closed the case as soon as I reported it.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Architetto D. , happy Monday! 

You mentioned that you've contacted Support. Could you share with me here your ticket number reference, so I can locate it in the system?

Keep me posted!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?