cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox iOS freeze

Integration with iOs Files app dropping out

Dmkiz
Explorer | Level 4

I am running an iPad Pro (3rd generation) with iOs 15.1, but I had the same problem with previous versions of iOs as well. I have two issues.

First, I have tried a number of times to add Dropbox folders as "Favourites" in the side bar. It works when I add them, but then later they just disappear.

Second, when trying to access my Dropbox files through the iOs Files app, the connection seems to periodically drop out. It works fine most of the time, but often I will try to load it and it just shows me a blank screen. I then have to leave it sitting there for about 10 minutes and eventually it reloads and takes me back to the home Dropbox folder. But during that time if I try to access Dropbox through the Files app it just doesn't load. Below is a screenshot of me trying to access Dropbox:

IMG_0085.PNG

66 Replies 66

Architetto D.
Collaborator | Level 9

Hi again @Megan 

The ticket I opened had n. 21541326

Your colleague suggested to clear the Dropbox app cache. I tried but didn't solve the issue. It's clearly an issue between Dropbox.app and Files.app.

Now I still can't access Dropbox via Files.app, unless I'll reboot my iPhone.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Architetto D., thank you for the ticket number! 

I can see that the ticket was closed, because you never responded back to the agent working on your case, to let them know that the steps they provided didn't fix the issue. Could you try to respond back, in order to re-open the convo? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Architetto D.
Collaborator | Level 9

@Megan Definitely not: they answered and immediately closed the ticket, without knowing if their solution worked or not.

Anyway, I don't want to complain about your support staff because this is clearly a system issue that won't be solved with clearing cache or deleting and reinstalling the app.

I suggest you to report this to iOS app developers, meanwhile sure, I'll try to open the ticket again...

Architetto D.
Collaborator | Level 9

@Megan 

Tried to contact Support again, ticket n. 21712262

Support is still telling me that this is not a Dropbox issue.

May I ask refund for the remaining yearly subscription and move everything to something else?

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Sorry for jumping in, @Architetto D.

I’d suggest writing back to our support agent in this case, so that they can look into your request, since we don’t have any account visibility over here on social.

I’ve also left them an internal note with your convo here.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

playzoffs
New member | Level 2

I am having the exact same problem on my iPhone 11 iOS ver 15.4.1

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @playzoffs, I hope you're doing well! 

Based on your initial post here, it looks like you're using an older OS, compared to what it's out at the moment for iPhone 11. 

Would you mind updating your OS, and the Dropbox app on your device -if you're not already using the latest version- and letting me know how that's going to turn out?

Keep me posted! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?