cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification "Migration of Google files will begin in 5 days"

Notification "Migration of Google files will begin in 5 days"

deejay4704
Explorer | Level 3

I use Google Drive and Dropbox for completely different things and very rarely move or copy a file from one to the other.  When I do, it is a simple 'drag' in Windows File Explorer.  I have not set up any kind of major move between them so I do not understand my having received a Notification of "Migration of Google files will begin in 5 days".  Can anyone explain what it means or why I received this ?

I have concerns that someone ELSE may be in the process of a wholesale move of my files, but have no idea who might be doing that.  I suspect I would not receive this if it were someone with whom I've shared folders copying them to Drive (which would be dumb).  Should I interpret that someone has indeed hacked my Dropbox account ?

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

There is no hacking etc. 

Have a read of https://9to5google.com/2023/06/04/dropbox-google-workspace-migration/ and check your emails for information as to what is happening. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

deejay4704
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks.  Yeah, an unfortunate byproduct of a security factor I use - the email address for my Drobox account is NOT one I use frequently to reduce the visibility of that part of my credentials - is that I seldom check that email account inbox.

Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers.     dj

jwswift
New member | Level 2

I have read the messages and I am not sure I understand.

I use google drive and I use dropbox, but they seem separate to me.  I do not *think* I have any files that will be migrated.  But I keep getting these notifications.  Since I got this notification, does that mean that I, personally, have files that will be migrated?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jwswift New member | Level 2
    deejay4704 Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?