cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Google Account Linked when creating G-Docs on here

Wrong Google Account Linked when creating G-Docs on here

Mgodfrey02307
New member | Level 2

I'm having a problem with creating Google Docs on here. When I create a Google doc via Dropbox it opens up said Google Doc but signed into Gmail account I don't use. It wouldn't let me sign out, so I've since deleted the account itself, and now when I try and create a GDoc on Dropbox, it brings up the 'Sign into your Google Account to Continue' page (which I do, to the right account), nothing happening, and it just bringing up the 'Sign into your Google Account to Continue' screen again. I've looked at the 'Linked Accounts' in my settings (of which there is nothing there - my Dropbox isn't linked to any Google accounts or other Dropbox accounts) and I've since deleted the Google Account it was signed into to get rid of said G-account completely. When I open up Google Docs on my computer (outwith Dropbox), it opens/create them linked to the right Google account. This is literally only happening with Dropbox. I have a Dropbox Basic account, but that shouldn't be an issue. What am I doing wrong??

1 Reply 1

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Mgodfrey02307, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Just for clarification, did you recreate the Google account with the same email as that on your Dropbox account in order to link it to your account?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?